• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window Roller Replacement

bamaman

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,

I need to replace my Driver's side window roller on my 90 XJ Laredo. The gears are stripped and it won't roll up or down much (thank God the A/C is working fine). I took the door panel off today & it looks like the roller mechanism is riveted to the door & I can't see any kind of arm that pushes the window up or pulls it down. I've never seen this kind of system before. Anyone ever drill out the rivets & replace the roller mechanism in their XJ's? I would appreciate any info anyone could give me before I head to the boneyard.

Thanks,

Bamaman

you can drill out the rivets that hold the window regulator in the door. when you replace it , if you dont have any way to rivet it, you can use self tapping screws, like the type that holds license plates on. works for me all the time

Thanks for the info Jneary. I think a friend of mine has a Riveter I can borrow. If I can't find a riveter, I'll try the self-tapping screws.

You know what same thing happened to mine. The driver side door was out of commition for about a month, but I found one out of a 96 in the local pick a part $15 for the whole thing. I just used screws just because it might go out again. :eek:

bamaman said:
Thanks for the info Jneary. I think a friend of mine has a Riveter I can borrow. If I can't find a riveter, I'll try the self-tapping screws.
i used a bolt, lock washer, and nylon bushing nut to hold it in place.

Back