• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15x8 alloy rims with 4.5" bs??

xj_yk

NAXJA Forum User
Hi there, I am looking to get new rims to mount some 31x10.5 tires on my 89 XJ with 3" of lift.

After exhaustive searching and reading, I would like to go with 15x8 rims with 4.5" of backspacing. I've found a fair amount of steel rims as options but it appears that most of the widely available alloys have at most 3.5-3.75 of bs. I've found one option, the AR Torqlite, but am interested if anyone is aware of any others? - as I would really prefer alloy.

cheers,

Some TJ alloys were 15x8. They came on TJs with the 30" wheel option and rear LSD axles. There were two styles one with 8 or ten holes on the early TJs and a style that looked very similar to the late ZJ 5 spoke wheels. Both styles had stock Jeep back spacing. They will workwell for your application. Just a note 31x15s will work fine on any stock 15x7 Jeep wheel.

I have 15x8 Ravines and they have 5.5" of BS which is really sucked in. I need some spacers or to sell these to get some other rims. I think the Gamblers were the same amount of BS, I had those on with 31s and 3.5" of lift and it did just fine, no rubbing.

Okay, to close this off, I've found a few rims that I am looking for with the right specs. Summit has a couple designed for drag racing but have a 2100 lb load capacity - the quick 8 and fast 5. BWT has a rim exclusively made for them that is for offroad called.....the "exclusive offroad" : ) . It looks like a Dick Chepk DC-1 Black, but with 0mm offset. That's the one I am leaning towards.

Back