• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

big thanks to Joe Dirt

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
thanks for righting my wrong and making me feel like an idiot :D thank god he's going to be my co-pilot for BOTMW

and for those internal combustion engine challenged individuals out there like me, Dirt taught me a great saying for remembering the 4L firing order, "to young, to old, just right" (15-36-24) :D . oh and the motor runs a lot smoother when you get the plugs on the distributor cap in the right order:laugh2:. in my defense i had installed them saturday night after 11 hours of getting the front axle back under the jeep and had just started drinking. i figured a minor tune up would be easy.

Joe and a few of my local buddies started the cage install on sunday. i think i'm going to add some more tubes at the c-pillar. probably a spreader across the roof and then a V to the floor. and then one tube in the front half along the roof in the middle.
050806_0031.jpg

I spent all day saturday getting the front end all back together. its pretty much set to go. just need to tweak the coil seats with some shims. and flex it out on the trailer to make sure it cycles okay.

050806_0026.jpg

050806_0027.jpg

That's a nice cage man. I think you're right to add some additional bracing though.

No problem helping to get the beast started. Glad I could help.

And... 36 isn't really too old. Milfhunter taught me that.

Back