• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Moab Trails Slated For Closure!!

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
Seem a bit extreme? Get your attention?
GOOD! Because a win for the WAGs puts them one step closer to their objective......total elimination of access to all mechanical forms of transportation on Moab's Trails.

DECEMBER 30th, 2003 Deadline for input.

Check my latest post to the NAXJA Land Use Forum for the latest update. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE......there are plenty from the Wilderness Activist Groups that are counting on a poor response from the Equal Access and 4X4/ATV community........TIME TO SHOVE IT IN THIER FACE!!
Thanks for taking an active role in this, together we will make a difference! :)

Last edited:
XJEEPER said:
GOOD! Because a win for the WAGs puts them one step closer to their objective......total elimination of access to all mechanical forms of transportation on Moab's Trails.

DECEMBER 30th, 2003 Deadline for input.

Check my latest post to the NAXJA Land Use Forum for the latest update. THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE......there are plenty from the Wilderness Activist Groups that are counting on a poor response from the Equal Access and 4X4/ATV community........TIME TO SHOVE IT IN THIER FACE!!
Thanks for taking an active role in this, together we will make a difference! :)

Don't DO that to me..freakin 911 don't respond so good out here, ya know?

If you're reading this thread and haven't done any thing to help then you're just part of the problem. Even if you don't wheel Moab, you should still try to help because these folks'll be coming for your trails next. BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!

XJEEPER said:

Yes! After I caught my breath. Man that's cruel.
I'll mail my letter Monday.

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
Yes! After I caught my breath. Man that's cruel.
I'll mail my letter Monday.

Thanks everyone.....believe me, this isn't crying wolf.....the WAGs are getting very sneaky and are trying every dirty trick there is to close trails, lump it in to Wilderness and lock out everyone but hikers.......I heard the latest proposal from my buddy that lives in Moab....they (the Wilderness Activists) want to prohibit nighttime wheeling so WAGs won't have to see headlights on the canyon rims. What trails would be effected?

Shafer Trail
Moab Rim
Poison Spider Mesa
Hells Revenge
Metal Masher
Gold Bar
Golden Spike
Porcupine Rim......to name the obvious, but there are more.

Are you pissed off enough to write a letter yet? Good!!

Thanks to everyone that is helping to keep our trails open. Look at it like this, if they (WAGs, SUWA, Sierra Club) are successful in locking up Moab, like they did much of California's prime wheeling area's.....your favorite local wheeling spot will be next. :mad: This is how they work, some is not enough......and they don't negotiate, they sue. And they petition a Judge that is 2000 miles away to make rulings that will never effect them........on land that they will never see........kind of ironic, isn't it.

Rant over? NO HARDLY! Hope I don't bust a blood vessel in my head before this is through..........
Thanks again.

Back