• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i had surgery yesterday

XCastleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
on my right ankle. the doc removed bone fragments, scar issue and repaired the ligaments. i'm off my feet for 6 weeks and have to postpone my rntrance to the academy from auust untill january. im not 100% with it right now so forgive me if my post is hard to read.

30260_428101398973_774823973_5522966_198_n.jpg

p.s. thats a 5 hour future weapons marathon in the background =)

Welcome to the club. Ain't it fun. I was non weight bearing for 2.5 months. Just starting to get around with a walking cast and it will be on for 2 months.

Like my doctor said, you only have one chance to get it to heal right. Do what he says otherwise you will be down for the count. Ligaments take a lot longer to heal than anything else in the body.

Lots of luck.

Orthopaedic surgery sucks. My wife got a right THA (steel on composite) in December, a right medial unicondylar knee arthroplasty last month, and we're looking at right shoulder work (partial thickness tears of the biceps tending, infraspinatus and supraspinatus ligament impingement, acrimioclavicular joint impingement on upper biceps tendon, intraarticular biceps tendonosis...) next up.

Fortunately, having been through PT for orthopaedic (and other assorted) issues myself - right shoulder reassembly (just jigsaw work) and right knee (blew all of the cartilage out...) the homecall therapist really only comes around to show new exercises and evaluate progress. I handle the daily PT and pain management (with assistance from the MD,) so she's recovering very well.

I just have to keep reminding her that yes, it is indeed worth all of the pain now to get quit of it, instead of just putting up with a reduced amount of pain for the rest of her life. Can be difficult some days...

Yes, I do understand. Yes, it will be worth it. Yes, you will feel like the man who hits himself in the head repeatedly with a hammer because it feels so good when he stops - this is normal. Believe me, you're going to come out feeling better on the other side - but listen to your doctor and listen to your therapist! Orthopaedic work hurts so damned bad because it's something you do not want to screw around with. Or screw up.

And I thought my surgery was fun. However, getting lasers shot at your eyeballs
isn't exactly that painful these days lol

Good luck, heal well. Listen to your doc!

Damn bro what did you do? Foot surgery sucks. But what can ya do. Jeep
it as high as ya can. And do it all right. I was supposed to be out for 3 months but was good after 7 weeks.
Preop
241fba07.jpg

a look inside

a141ca33.jpg

Damn bro what did you do? Foot surgery sucks. But what can ya do. Jeep
it as high as ya can. And do it all right. I was supposed to be out for 3 months but was good after 7 weeks.
Preop

a look inside

^^^^Had to point it out! :D

Get well soon man I hope you have a speedy recovery without trouble!

I too feel your pain.

Had my ankle rebuilt a few years ago. Ended up on crutches for six months.

Xwhatever on doing exactly what the physical therapist says.

My wife is still recovering from her heel/achilles surgery 6 weeks ago. She's walking now though. Sorry you had to postpone the academy, but it's better that you get yourself 100% so that you don't have bad things happen DURING the academy.

Hope you heal soon brutha! :thumbup:

Back