• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coils rubbing. Cadb and frame stiffeners

Mcmadman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i have an 01 xj with a 4.5 zone lift kit. I had frame stiffeners put on by some dude recommended by many on a jeep page...i dont think he bent them to fit the frame very well. However the main issue I believe is how far forward my axle is my zone lcas are a half in. Longer than stock and installed control arm drop brackets that push the axle forward a bi. Any thoughts?http://imgur.com/gallery/lRfGjU7
lRfGjU7

Lengthen the track bar a bit, and Adjustable Lower Control arms ?

The passenger side coil is pretty tight to the frame as well ibshould have taken a picture. I guess i will have to shell out for adjustable lowers.

Would only having 1 degree of caster cause the springs to go forward like this?. Im not going to recommended places from a wack online jeep club anymore.. Frame stiffeners guy didnt bend and fit to frame well and hisbwelder was blowing main fuses..another Guy recommended an "old school" alignment shop close to me when i asked what the caster was at he looked taken aback then said it was at 1*and any higher wpuld cause deathwobble

I dropped the jeep off at 830am and picked it up at like 230 I thpught I was going to receive a perfectly zeroed in jeep lol ...any good write ups on pinion angle id like to zero that in before I invest in adjustable lcas

Extended wheel base and/or caster can bow the coil springs. Nearly all lifted Cherokee owners simply balance the pinion angle and the caster. Neither will be perfect, but both can be good enough.

GoJeep has a new website with all the old info here >> http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/

Ok so I measured my diff by throwin a straight edge on the flat part next to the diff cover amd then throwing an angle finder on it and getting 79* is this proper procedure? In the article he used a square and a level wich i brought out but the angles werent anywhere near 80 ...the chart on that page says it should be at 83.5 or 84. So am I measuring right and if so is there a formula to adjust the uppers o match. They are currently at 15 1/2" wich is 3/4" shorter than the lowers

You would need to put a 4-8' level on your parking surface before those numbers mean anything.

What axle do you have? The separation angles are HP=9*/LP=12*.

Good point. However if I find level ground im still redundant lol.... Rcp i just replaced my LP with another lp .. The vent tube is on the other side wich made me scratch my head thinking I threw in a no. However the pinion lines up with the center o. The axle.

Well if the ground was level(0*), you would have +1* of caster.

Is there some trig or formula I can use to determine how much I need to adjust the uca to reach the suggested diff/caster angle.

Nope, I would start off with 2 full turns.

I'll add to that, what caster are you trying to achieve?

That's not realistic, you (and I) have a LP and you will find it hard to get 5*. As in one your other threads I said I was running 3* to get the driveshaft happy.

You could press-in offset bj's for a couple *, but after that means cutting and turning the C's.

The logical first step, is to swap in a high pinion D30, or just do like everybody is telling you, adjust the pinion angle and caster until both are close enough.

Well i broke the bolts for my driveshaft so I wont be measuring any pinion angles RN. Hoping I can atleast get enough out of it to get the coils straight. every turn I rub pretty bad

Back