• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I appear to have a bit of a problem...lol... I went to pull the Schrader valve in my ori strut resevoir and rounded the Schrader when flats ...so tired a pair of vice grips but they slip off ... so I'm not 100% sure how to go about removing this F@#g valve ... My thoughts are to remove the top cap remove the valve stem and drill out the middle then collapse it and " it probably should cone out"... Any suggestions welcome since I've never had to think My way around getting something like this out. I'm not super concerned it's just if I break it replacing it could take awhile due to stock.

Took the top cap off the ori remote resevoir got the Schrader valve out but threads we're boogered just enough to where the new Schrader goes in with a slight lean...so since these were the old style it would be tough getting a replacement cap and fixing the the threads is MO' work than is worth it for a $100 part , so I ordered two new reservoirs. On side not there isn't much to one of these remote resevoirs they are just an empty tube with long pick up tube there isn't anything inside them at at all .

These items are going to the dump next trip after I clean my trailer up...

Pair d60 high steer arms .these had tabs welded to them to allow me to weld 1.5 tube from the arm to the stock rod locatio ...It can easily be cut off . Nothing wrong with them I just have keyed arms know .

Stock 4.0 motor mount brackets and daystar mounts. Nothing wrong with them just went to all brown dog stuff

I also have the Johnny joints From the old Clayton stuff.

My brother who was 3 years into his 2nd dui will now be freshly starting his 3rd dui after walking home drunk and spotting that the county road and bridge left a skid steer parked with the keys in it , which he decided to joyride around in and drive in a few circles , which at 10pm some locals spotted him and held him there for the cops... I heard the event unfolding over the scanner . So he will be adding a 3rd dui and most likely misdemeanor joyride... :banghead:

Denver U Pull N Pay

blue MJ with 2 very nice bucket seats.SW corner of the truck/suv rows, about 1 row in.
saw 2 xj's with lifted coils on them today. one looked maybe 4 inch and other maybe 6 inch. one also had tubular lower control arms.

spotted mid day saturday

Colorado ain't Colorado no more. If all goes well we'll be out in 2 months. Cheer y'all.

Can't blame ya.

The problem seems to be not many places left to go worth while.

Hell, we've entertained moving abroad for some time to get to see more of the world, and get away from the ever growing sh*t throwing fest that seems to become much of the US.

Out to where?

Agree, especially with Denver and Colorado springs. Love CO but can't stand Denver anymore. Last week we where in Denver getting the wife a new car and all I could think about was getting back home. It took us a solid 2 years to find something worth while to get out of Denver.

Moving back to East Tennessee. Moving abroad sounds interesting but not something we seriously looked at. I just don't like being moved around like cattle on an airplane. Will fly if needed but its not preferred method of transportation.

Well got the wj running. Was sounding good, ran strong but is dropping oil pressure at hot idle. Check gauges light comes on. No noise. Threw an oil pressure sensor at it. No change. Dropped the pan hoping for a clogged pick up and found metal flakes and the old lifter instead. Kinda surprised, the engine is insanely clean inside, like one of the cleanest I've seen in a while. Looks like it'll be coming out and hopefully I can throw some bearings in it. Wife isn't a fan of the straight pipe 4.7 but me and the kid think it sounds pretty good haha.

It also has the most violent warped brake rotors of any car I've ever driven.

Heading down to the alpine loop on tuesday for a dew day's of telluride area. Anyone know of any Free camping or if its hard to find on that side.
I did a few passes a year ago, but not much for forest pull over and camping thgat I got to see.

Hell maybe I'll even swing into my old stomping grounds on the Snowmass area for a night or so.

Any info on telluride Silverton area is much appreciated, I believe ophir/ black bear was as far south as I got.

Heading down to the alpine loop on tuesday for a dew day's of telluride area. Anyone know of any Free camping or if its hard to find on that side.
I did a few passes a year ago, but not much for forest pull over and camping thgat I got to see.

Hell maybe I'll even swing into my old stomping grounds on the Snowmass area for a night or so.

Any info on telluride Silverton area is much appreciated, I believe ophir/ black bear was as far south as I got.

I don't off the top of my head. I'm still trying to figure out places by me! but I would check out this site https://freecampsites.net/

It's been helpful for me.

Here's a trip down memory lane....... Remember these?

https://denver.craigslist.org/atq/d/brighton-eliches-log-ride/6962625092.html

00x0x_6uHLqVZfg8x_600x450.jpg

Anyone know of place that might be open tomorrow that sells... good... limit straps ? I have a full set of PRP ordered but won't be here until mid next week and want some now because I'm going out Sunday . 4wp is a No go unless they started to carry better than the PRO -CRAP which are not industry standard quad wrap ...lol... shit the 24 limits they sold me are a single ply and look like-a damn seatbelt the 19 was at least 3 ply, but damn they cheap and don't cost any less than the PRP I ordered

A&J time rentals said $80 per day for trailer rental...they neglected to say they want $200 per day for some shit fee so after tax they ding you for about $300 daily . Guy says you get the $200 daily back after returned I laughed and said but until then it's costing me $1000 to rent a dinky 7x16 pj bumper pull ...lol...the same service by U-haul is $50 a day and for $24 you get their insurance coverage on the equipment , so I know my Jeep can fit...kind of...on a 82 wide uhaul ...lol... with 5 inches if tire over hang each side. It also just barely fits the length, but it do fit ...

Now however after loading it I may end up fixing the weather station wind reader on my folks property the Jeep is at rather than head to holy cross ......lol... I don't have back up light and I backed into the 4x4 post at idle snapping it like a tooth pick I heard a tink but never felt a thing .

Started out going to HC but my buddies trailer ate a tire and he had no spare...lol... no big deal right , well he has those mo-bile-homo axles and the 14.5 wheels so no one sells that crap in town, so we dropped down hwy 9 from Silverthorne with him driving his rig and another friend driving the 3 wheel trailer with his tow rig ... wheeler had a ton of rigs on it.... AND ...!!!... it appears just b4 the v-nitch there is nice NEW ledge climb to the right , which I got pretty easy with no winch and struts that were so under charged I bottomed out every bump ... this obstacle is steep enough to give the laying down in your seat feeling... it was nice surprise obstacle after missing out on cleavland rock .

20190901_210555.jpg

It's only 92 wide on the narrow 42 treps ...would only imagine it sitting on this poor U-haul on the old 44s at 18.5 or boggers .

Started out going to HC but my buddies trailer ate a tire and he had no spare...lol... no big deal right , well he has those mo-bile-homo axles and the 14.5 wheels so no one sells that crap in town, so we dropped down hwy 9 from Silverthorne with him driving his rig and another friend driving the 3 wheel trailer with his tow rig ... wheeler had a ton of rigs on it.... AND ...!!!... it appears just b4 the v-nitch there is nice NEW ledge climb to the right , which I got pretty easy with no winch and struts that were so under charged I bottomed out every bump ... this obstacle is steep enough to give the laying down in your seat feeling... it was nice surprise obstacle after missing out on cleavland rock .

The big ledge like right next to notch?

The big ledge like right next to notch?

It's between 1st rock obstacle and the 2nd which is the notch... it cuts between the trees on the right if you're coming in and you have little room on the rhs if you slip off you re going down into the trees. It is steep enough to give you the laid down in your seat feeling no weight on your feet . It's about the same size a the cleavland rock ledge just no where to go if you flop but down hill into the trees. ..lol... it was an nice surprise after not making holycross

Back