• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear brake hose for 2'' lift?

johnny1993

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. Doing 2'' lifts on my 93 and wife's 97 XJ's. Is a longer rear brake hose required? Been researching it, some say you don't and some say you do. If a longer hose is required anyone know the length? Thanks

At 2" of lift it is not required. If you think a little bit of extra length is necessary, you can fabricate a simple Z shape bracket to lower the mounting point at the body.

not easy to relo the bracket as it's tied into rear diff breather, but definitely not needed. I'm at 4.5" and just extended my rear line to accommodate 6.5" of lift that is in my future. don't worry about the brake lines at this point.

likely not needed on the front, but you can loosen the hose brackets and let them hang to gain another couple inches of brake line. also not needed at 2"

not easy to relo the bracket as it's tied into rear diff breather, but definitely not needed. I'm at 4.5" and just extended my rear line to accommodate 6.5" of lift that is in my future. don't worry about the brake lines at this point.

likely not needed on the front, but you can loosen the hose brackets and let them hang to gain another couple inches of brake line. also not needed at 2"

Not at the diff, the body side bracket. It will give plenty of room for a 2in lift

Back