• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting my 2wd XJ

X.prestin.x

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys, new to this forum and I need some advice. Most people aren’t gonna like it but I still need the advice to know what I need to buy.. I’m wanting to lift my 2wd xj. If you’re still reading this after that last part, it’s a 93’ 2 door auto. I’m confused because I don’t have a transfer case since it’s 2wd obviously, I’ve been looking at lifting it 6.5”. I’m planning on getting adjustable control arms and drop brackets. Or long arm, I just don’t know yet. A long arm is a lot of money to spend on a 2wd. I know most people need a sye for that lift height. So what do I do since I don’t have a transfer case? Get a new driveshaft made? Anyone have an idea on what that would cost? Thanks.. :helpme:

No XJ likes going that high without being done right. The good side is that you won't have to worry about caster angles. For the rear you may need to go to a DC shaft. Long arms would be the way to go and won't cost much more than a "good" drop-bracket" kit(specially in the long run)!

Since you don’t have a xfer case your drive shaft is longer so you may not have vibration issues when you lift it.

No XJ likes going that high without being done right. The good side is that you won't have to worry about caster angles. For the rear you may need to go to a DC shaft. Long arms would be the way to go and won't cost much more than a "good" drop-bracket" kit(specially in the long run)!

Since the 2WD front end is basically a solid axle with no center section, shafts, etc, wouldn't he still have to worry about caster since it has pretty much the same ball joint/knuckle arrangement as the D30? It will be easier to correct since he doesn't have to worry about the front drive shaft angle, but caster will still need to be checked/set.

I was told that I might kill u joints and probably the slip yoke too? That the yoke would end up with play around the splines from being pulled down on all the time.

Back