• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gray RocK Meet and Ride

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I checked on renting the park today. Off Road connection holds the booking of the park. It's a 100.00 deposit and a minum of 750.00 to rent the park. There is 1 weekend in May which is mothers day, so that probably would not be good. I think June and July is open as of right now. It is 75.00 a rig not per head. So if we get enough of people from here gathered up it's a go. I also Have a couple buddy's non xj drivers that will be going as well. Let me know if any of you are interested. All is welcome, let me know what is the best day for all of you. I believe that covers the weekend as well.

Josh

holy dogshit batman! $75 a rig?!? you guys have some pricy mud down there caglezxj.

53guy said:
holy dogshit batman! $75 a rig?!? you guys have some pricy mud down there caglezxj.

Well you have not beeen there. Most places charge you 50.00 or more for the day. That is the weekend price, and the park is ours. You will not have to wait in line trying to go up trails, only a limited amount of people will be allowed. Around 25 rigs or so. 75.00 is nothing for a place like this. Awesome trails. Hopefully some of the others that has been there will chime in.

Very true. 75 for the weekend isn't a bad deal, i must have mistook you thinking that it was 75 a day.

53guy said:
I think Grayrock has 2200 acres...there is plenty to keep you busy, and the views are pretty amazing. I believe the majority of the trails are fairly hard core, but I've found some for the 31 inch tire crowd to have some fun on too.....:cheers:

ChuckstrPT said:
I think Grayrock has 2200 acres...there is plenty to keep you busy, and the views are pretty amazing. I believe the majority of the trails are fairly hard core, but I've found some for the 31 inch tire crowd to have some fun on too.....:cheers:

It goes from mild to wild. and a lot of places to watch the hardcore guys kill their rigs. There is a ride there FEB, 02 if anyone is interested in going. They have a couple mud pits, some creek riding, some river riding, and a lot of rocks. And the best thing is that it is trails. Most parks have a lot of rock climbs here and there, but Grayrock actually has trails.

i might be able to make it...i got a cousin on a 33s locked front and on long arms...and i also have a friend that has a tj that can go that is locked on 33s...and if he can get his cj going that is sittin on full widths with 39" boggers....just find a weekend and i will for sure let you know!

I need a few more people saying that they will go before I pay the deposit. 10 people all together is all we need. I will kinda find a ball park date to throw out.

Josh,

I ll chunk in 75 bucks, not sure if i ll have a rig ready or not but I commit to pay or pay up front, might have to tag along as a passenger if someone has an open spot or just a spectator.

I picked up my 3rd XJ and have not even unloaded it. I cant get a build sheet for it. AMC/Chrsyler disconnect :( It is a 1986 2.5L with a manual? not sure which, The rear end looks like a chrysler but I cant hardly tell the difference between a 35 and 8.25. How can I tell the gearing in the rear end? pull the cover and count?

I was planning on swapping the axles over to my 1995 4L I6 HO, Ax15, chrsyler 8.25 with 3:07s . I hoping it is a least 4:11. Bad to swap out a 8.25 for dana 35 :(. Oh well I guess that catches me up todate LOL

Bill
Moulton, Alabama

it all depends on the weekend for me...

AlabamaBill said:
Josh,

I ll chunk in 75 bucks, not sure if i ll have a rig ready or not but I commit to pay or pay up front, might have to tag along as a passenger if someone has an open spot or just a spectator.

I picked up my 3rd XJ and have not even unloaded it. I cant get a build sheet for it. AMC/Chrsyler disconnect :( It is a 1986 2.5L with a manual? not sure which, The rear end looks like a chrysler but I cant hardly tell the difference between a 35 and 8.25. How can I tell the gearing in the rear end? pull the cover and count?

I was planning on swapping the axles over to my 1995 4L I6 HO, Ax15, chrsyler 8.25 with 3:07s . I hoping it is a least 4:11. Bad to swap out a 8.25 for dana 35 :(. Oh well I guess that catches me up todate LOL

Bill
Moulton, Alabama
Sounds like we'll need a wrenchfest some time before the Grayrock ride to get you a workable rig out of your collection....schedule that too! and find a good location with lots O tools...

AlabamaBill said:
Josh,

Bill
Moulton, Alabama

Hey Bill,

Glad you got your other xj home safely. I will call offroad connection and get him to find a good weekend for us.On the rear gears if it doesn't have a tag, you can jack up the rear turn the pinion and count how turns it takes you to turn the tires 1 complete turn. There is a thread some where on the net about doing this. I know where there is some older xj's if you need some parts let me know, I might be able to help you out.

I found this by searching yahoo.

Jack up the rear of your truck and count how many revolutions the driveshaft makes for every one turn of the rear wheels. My truck was just a hair over four turns so I know I have 4.10 gears.

Josh

Last edited:
Back