• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's going to Fall Fling?

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Figured I'd post this up to see how many of us are going and when.

I just made my reservations and submitted the registration form. I'll be staying at Slickrock in one of the RV sites behind the cabins.

Leaving Monday morning the 6th unless finances are tight, then I'll shorten the trip to leave Thursday and stay thru Sunday morning. (Won't know until the week before the event.)

I've got the week off, but that's as far as I've gotten with planning.

Fred

Frank Z said:
I may be out there around then...but there's no way in hell I'll pay to run any of the trails out there.

LOL! Oh pleeze Frank..... Event registration covers the fees for Friday's runs and Saturday's runs for everyone - all you gotta do is cover the days you're there before then. Trail runs are $5 each day...... so that means you'd have to pony up a whole $15 to enjoy 3 days worth of awesome trails. The BLM gets the funds so where's the big problem? (For those not in the know - the BLM charges that rate to ALL clubs hosting large events in Moab, this isn't a NAXJA thing.)

:rolleyes:

But there's nothing saying a group of folks can't schedule their own itinerary and not join the big event group......... Just hope the BLM isn't running around looking for "stray" groups of XJ's :D

I should arrive on Sunday and leave the following Sunday. I will be staying at Canyonlands Campground across from the McDonalds.

I should clarify, I had planned on being on Moab in October but not for any specific event. a freind is comming home after his 3rd tour in Iraq and I promised to go to Moab with him after his tour. Kind of an incentive for himto keep his head down as it were.

As far as paying any fees...well events like this aren't my bag. Not only that but I will be contributing plenty to local economy, I bring my wife and both kids. Food, gas, lodging, random touristy stuff, etc. I'd say that's more than enough.

Have fun all and be safe.

Well, now THAT I understand Frank. I just didn't want anyone getting the wrong impression that the BLM fees for the event were big deal or a bad thing - especially if they haven't been to the Fall Fling before.

I recall that the '06 event and the trail sign up lists with fees did become a bit of a problem in that there were too many rigs/attendees and not everyone got to sign up for the trails they wanted to run. That got fixed by folks simply hanging out for an hour or so and heading out with a small group to run it on their own. They'd eventually end up catching up with the group...... whaddya gonna do right? :D

I don't think it'll be a big deal this year - I'm betting that attendance will be lower than previous years due to gas and general economic concerns.

As with any governmental control.... it's usually surrounded in bureaucracy and pissy rules. But it won't put a damper on the event - it didn't in '06. Everyone still had a good time.

Last edited:
I have my cabin reserved at Canyonlands C.G. for Sunday through Sunday.If money isn't an issue then Paula and I will be bringing my rig and the raffle rig.If money is tight I'll be driving the raffle rig out and have to leave mine at home (which means I'll have to ride shotgun/spot all week :()

I'll be there. Planning on going to the Biker Rally in Vegas Oct 3-5th and then hitting Moab the rest of the week :)

I will have the family in Moab sometime in October, and it may well be during fall fling -- I haven't registered as yet because my scheduling always sucks and changes at the last minute... I would look forward to the "smaller group" thing as well, and will likely be with a couple of non-XJers, primitive camping in one spot or another (not to be disclosed on a public forum!):skull2:

planefixer said:
I have my cabin reserved at Canyonlands C.G. for Sunday through Sunday.If money isn't an issue then Paula and I will be bringing my rig and the raffle rig.If money is tight I'll be driving the raffle rig out and have to leave mine at home (which means I'll have to ride shotgun/spot all week :()

See ya there Jeff!!!

I plan on being there Oct.3 till the 13th at Slickrock CG.

I WAS going...had my reservations since March. My mom decided she wanted to come to ABQ (she lives in FL) for the Ballon Fiesta which is the same week. So I will be staying home with mom!

Back