• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone like Root Beer?

Mosephus

NAXJA Forum User
I copyied this from my post on a local forum.

Well yesterday I was craving some homemade root beer and I have a little kit to make it with but waiting a week would not quench my thirst, so I looked up Old school soda shops online in my area and I found the soda gallery in old Oak Cliff in the Bishop Arts District.

So I went there today and their store is really cool! So I got an Assortment of different Brands of Root Beer.

Here's what I got:
IMG_03291.jpg

1. Boylan's
2. Frostie
3. Abita
4. Hank's
5. Henry Weinhard
6. Bulldog

And got the rest of the Family:
IMG_03281.jpg

Moxie Cherry Cola
Hank's Black Berry Soda
and Sioux City Birch Beer for my Father In Law

I drank the Frosties first at random, and it was really smooth with a vanilla taste.

Here is their website www.thesodagallery.com

I used to get the Frosties when I was a kid. The Henry Weinhard is one of the best I've tasted.
:cheers:

I'm not a fan of the Henry Weinhard Cream Soda though, the vanilla is a bit too strong for me. I'm a big fan of IBC. I used to get weird looks all the time drinking from my unlabeled brown glass long neck at school or while driving. The Cream Soda from them got even better looks!

Frosty's very good, also had them as a kid.

I didn't see the IBC. Man that is some good root bear.

I bought a bunch of sodas, IBC included from Sam's club. We have the huge ice chest that barely fits in the back of the XJ (side to side).

Anyway I bought enough ice to fill it. I got a 25 pound bag of salt.

Took it all home filled up the ice chest (igloo) with ice, then water, then salted the whole lot. Put the drinks in and then put a nice layer of salt on top of the ice.

You would come close to getting frost bite while searching for your favorite drink.

This was the 2nd time we've done this. First time was fine, second time I over did the salt. The drinks got so cold the soda in the cans started freezing. The IBC root beer in the glass bottles started popping their caps!

You could hear them going off in the closed ice chest. It was a weird sound. We lost about 5 of them before I realized what the noise was.

The IBCs we saved were a mix of liquid and ice slush. Man those were good!

Stewarts Root bear, thats one of my favorites.

Henry Weinhart is by far my favorite. They used to sell it by the case at the Costco in Anchorage, AK, and IIRC it was only $14 or so for a 24-pack. Now the Costco in Simi doesn't even carry IBC so when I need good Root Beer I have to splurge.

BTW has anyone tried the Thomas Kemper root beer?

Weinhard's for sure, we get that stuff everytime we visit family in portland...

But heinzelmeinchen Birch Beer is my fav ever

I doubt you can get it outside of the Midwest, but Sprecher's of Milwaukee makes some pretty good stuff as well.

root beer rules.

in carlsbad theres an all root beer store in the mall. i go there frequently.

Frosties vanilla rules.

Sprecher is my absolute favorite. http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/soda.php

on my 17th bday i got pulled over while drinking an IBC and the cop flipped out on me......

he pulled me out of the car, it was hilarious, i couldnt stop laughing hard enough to tell him it was root beer.......

Back