• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifted XJ for sale of trade

milkman3848

NAXJA Forum User
1998 4WD 2DR Sport
3.55 gears
4.5" lift
custom long arms
custom trac bar
custom crossmember
custom front stinger bumper
Warn 9000 winch
roof basket with 4 lights i bought for the guy who had the basket, never hooked them up
Tow pakage
The only bad is, the driver seat is torn on the side, every now and then the gas gauge won't read right. The check engine light is on because a shfit celiniod slipped a few months ago. I took it to a transmission shop and they told me not to worry about it. The tranmission has only slipped 2 times.

With gas being how it is and i would like to get a SYE and regear, I've just run out of money! I'm trying to see what i could get for it so make me an offer, I'll be willing to trade for a stock XJ or smaller truck. Just make an offer!
Can E-Mail Pictures

Is this a automatic or 5speed???

I may be interested.

PBen

Trade my DD to you. It is bone stock 89 Laredo is excellent condition with 98K original. I drive it to and from work 6 miles round trip 5 days a week.

(white, chrome package, 4 door, 4.0, auto, np242---4x4---rear 8.25, power windows/locks)

PM if intrested.

owned it for about 2 years now. The wife used it for a DD until our oldest child needed shoulder a shoulder belt in the rear for her careseat. I got her a 94 country and I got the 89 and quit driving my trail rig daily. In the time I have owned it, I have replaced the alternator, radiator, waterpump, thermostat (ran too cold), pressure bottle cap, and cut the heater control valve out (good heat now). I also just replaced the front pads and rotors. It runs great and gets very little mileage and I miss my trail rig since I sold it and my buggy proect is still a long way from finished.

I have to go to work now, but I will post a couple of pics in this thread tonight and I will PM my # if you have any questions.

here's some photos of milkmans jeep. from one of the few times that wussy took it off pavement.
l_ea1f9923b8684af084488c85289c8675.jpg

l_534603694f7a3f28c847bfec49a0b536.jpg

l_2c037d3a8903b2ffa9e9d3220d962203.jpg

Thats it minus about 1 1/2", i'm about to go on monday and have the long arms shortened to fit with the 2 less inches. Right now i have everything minus the right size trac bar to put it back up to 6" or so. So if you're really interested and you think you'd want to put it back to 6"+. Let me know very soon. To save you possible trouble with the long arms later.
Thanks for the pictures Drew

Pics of mine.
PICT4022.jpg

PICT4021.jpg

laredo3.jpg

The only rust on the whole rig is surface rust on the OE fog lights....it needs a good wash, but shines up nicely.

Give me a call.

I am in Knoxville and would be willing to meet you somewhere (chatanooga is about halfway if you are in the Atlanta area). All the paint is perfect and no bad oil leaks. I have been planning to change the PCV and CCV and the valve cover gasket, but no oil filter adapter or rear main leaks. Oil pressure is always exactly where it is supposed to be.

Give me a call or PM your # to me and we can talk.

any interest in a 97 country?odometer shows 170k, but dad put another motor in it with i believe around 40k on it, no known problems, drives perfect, i just put new front pads and rotors on it, pwer everything except seats....

any intrest in motorcycles? honda cbr900rr for trade? pics are posted on here somewhere already but can put up more if needed

Back