• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Winterfest...

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
Don't know anyone?
Not outgoing?

Seek the Rev for help, you cannot miss my heap...look for a red XJ, with the top cut off....it may have the soft top on...but you cannot miss it.

The MWC can be a little intimidating for those that have not met us and a contact can help you overcome your shyness.

Rev

Hey Rev,

Newb question. Since never been to this, where is everyone meeting and any type of schedule we will get?

Man, I feel like the new kid at the school who is running into class late or just standing in the hall wondering where everyone is

Best,

Chris (BB)

and if you are lookign for the default kid to make fun of -

For those who have never been to Winterfest, or Badlands, here is a bit of info that may help.

The gate opens at the park at 9am. There is a road that leads up to the office with wide berms on both sides to allow you to pull over and park. Depending on the weather, there may be a lot of vehicles lining both sides of the road. Find a place to pull over and walk up to the office. It is best to come a little early so you have plenty of time to get checked in. You will receive a receipt that allow you through the gate.

In past Winterfest's, Registration/Tech Inspections have been conducted in the parking lot behind the office. Though it has not been announced yet, more than likely it will continue to be done there.

As a reminder, Badlands require all vehicles to have a flag mounted so it is at least 24" above the vehicle. If you do not have a flag, you can purchase them at the office. Mounting them requires a 1/2" dia. hole facing upward. It's a good idea to have mounting arrangements made before you come so you do not have to fab up something in the parking lot.

Me ... just look for the "scrawny old fart" doing tech inspections.

Les (LBEXJ)

I'm the fat guy with the funny voice at the registration table. Look for the nice burgundy MJ.

First time here too.

Hope to meet as many of you all as I can.

Trying to get off work, scrape together $, etc.

might not make it til late Friday, might not make it at all

Will try to make it, I want to see what my Jeep can do (within reason -(4-lo make bad noise :repair: )),,

and watch some people beat the crap out of theirs.

stock "Gunmetal Blue" 97 Country.

B

Last edited:
Ive got a Purple XJ with 37s, licence plate from Virginia, on full widths

Jeeze, you guys talkin about 35's and 37's... I'm gettin a little envious here, I've only got 32's. I feel so inadequate:laugh3:. Of course, it's not the size that counts. But yea, first timer at WF too... I'll probably head up there Friday after my 1PM class is done. Or skip... but seeing as graduating with good grades will help me get a good job, which will help me be able to spend more on my Jeep I haven't decided yet. My jeep is a dark green '01, nothing to "unique" about it compared to others I've seen so eh... I'll introduce myself around when I get there.

Mike

Lawn Cher' said:
Look for the nice burgundy MJ.

Yeah right! That'll be a first.

indeed I'm a newb. Probably get there late friday or early saturday. I'll be driving a burnt orange MJ with no comanche emblems. Just sent my registration payment.

jester1084 said:
but seeing as graduating with good grades will help me get a good job, which will help me be able to spend more on my Jeep

Boy are you in for a surprise.

Skip the class.

Dirk Pitt said:

Skip the class.

I would have to agree.

My motto was "C's get degrees, (and the occasional D)!"

Im skipping class thursday and friday...

and Bill will be skipping a class wed. night, all thursday / all friday.

Dirk Pitt said:

Skip the class.

Haha, but if i don't do well my parents also kill me since they're helping me pay for my ejumakatin... so yeah. From what I've heard, being dead makes it tough to get a job. I hear they don't pay out to many benefits for zombies. Of course... if I do skip it I could head out there Thursday night instead... hmmm... we'll see.

Mike

what could they possibly cover in one class that you cant read up on...

is homework due? do it before hand and give it to someone in your class
is there a test? make arrangements to make it up before you leave

jester1084 said:
... so yeah. From what I've heard, being dead makes it tough to get a job. I hear they don't pay out to many benefits for zombies. Mike

well my son, you'r just in the wrong city. In Chicago, being dead qualifies you for high payng City jobs and you can even vote. (Democratic of course) Location, location, location.

...BOB

Back