• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

(cubed root*3.14)/ f(x) )/8 (roll cage question)

HaZakated

NAXJA Forum User
Dear fellow fabricators,

I am in the process of putting a cage in my 2000XJ. I have heard many different ways to tie the cage into the frame at the connection points, but I would like to give you the opportunity to persuade me to do it another way. Be creative. My main goal in this is to spend little time and money and get the best bang for the buck.

Thank you for your input.....

Brian

Just get a hoop to go behind the front seats.

If you need more protection than that, I don't think you should be doing it on the cheap.

Unless your life and limbs, and that of your passengers, isn't worth another couple hundred bucks.

Rocker.jpg

Kickercloseup.jpg

Kicker1.jpg

The wedge is the best method I've done to date.

The whole thread:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15891&page=1&highlight=cagey+happenings+URF

HaZakated said:
I have heard many different ways to tie the cage into the frame at the connection points, but I would like to give you the opportunity to persuade me to do it another way.

Don't you need to tell us your idea first?

I've used the wedge on a few to date and it is also my favorite. Plate the frame first though.

Back