• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ build up

jesswilliams

NAXJA Forum User
I have a line on a 86 comanche with a 2.8 and auto which Im sure is a 904. I am wanting to put my Gen3 5.3 into it, will the 904 bolt up to the 5.3 vortec since the 2.8 was a GM based engine? I would also like to bolt a Dana 300 to the 904. I know the 300 came behind some TF999's, could I just put the output of a 999 into the 904 and adapt it that way? I am going to do a custom suspension in the front. It may be easier to put a TH350 behind the 5.3, but, It would be nice to use what I have. Thanks for your time.

Jess

I have a 4.3 Vortec in mine and I just went with a Turbo350/Atlas combo instead of screwin' around with a bunch of adapters.Turbo 350 are very stout when they are built right and no wiring BS to deal with.

What kind of axles are you running? I have a set of Toy 8' I thought about using. I am most likely tubing the rear of mine out also, I may skin and taper the rear Qtr's. Do you have any pics?

I have a Currie 9HP in the rear and a Dana 44HP in the front.I'm going to skin the rear quarters also.I'm on hold right now because I had major knee surgery the end of April and I still cant walk.So I'm collecting parts and doing some web wheelin'.Here is a link to my photo album,the pics of the MJ are believe it or not in the file that says MJ!!! http://community.webshots.com/user/magoo11794

Awesome MJ, I would love to do mine similar to that. What weight are you shooting for and what are you running suspension wise in the front? What size tire is that? Thanks

Jess

I'm hoping around 3000#.The front suspension is Claytons,we are moving the mounts and crossmember up into the frame rails for better clearance.The tires on it now are 38's,I'm going to use 39.5 IROC's with recentered Hummer rims.

Back