• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The new Orange

IntrepidXJ

NAXJA Member #647
Not sure how many people have been able to check out the new Orange, but we ran it on NYD. When I heard there was a new rock garden, I was expecting a 20 foot section of rocks thrown in the trail or something, but was pleasantly suprised to find a long stretch of rocks that offered some challenge, as well as some climbs and even a ledge or two. Definately an improvement to the trail. Should be fun at Winterfest. Here's a few pics I got.

It starts out easy
DSC07275.JPG

then gets a little more challenging
DSC07284.JPG

DSC07286.JPG

there were some other sections that had larger rocks, that I didn;t get any pics of. Anyways, thought you might like some sneak previews :laugh3:

Last edited:
Sounds like they are making Orange the trail with every challenge ... tight turns, trees, steep hills, mud, and now rocks. This should be very interesting come March.

Thanks for posting the pics Randy ...

Les

it says on the badlands site that winch and lockers are required for 3-5 what are the colors considered?

The trails will change in diffaculty depending on weather. Typical Winterfest weather will almost surely make Orange a locker and winch trail. Final word on what equipment is required for each trail will be up to the leaders.

HTH

Rev

the mudhole section is now completely bypassed.....and all of the rock sections can be bypassed completely.....so i'd say that IMO, a winch would not need to be required for orange. it was pretty wet out this weekend.

of course, the trail wouldn't be much fun if you bypass everything.

Yellow is the new pink!
tn_IMG_4342.jpg

Back