• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wtb/t np231 t-case

skitzvonjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I need a 231 from a manual, I have a 231 from an automatic (whoops) that I could trade, or possibly a 242 if anyone is interested, also willing to buy it straight out, I'm in Johnson City TN

865 323 5804- Zac

the case is the same between auto and stick, brotha:D
only differences between np231's was tailshaft cone/no cone (changed in 96), and input shafts were 21 spline pre 1992, 23 spline after. i had a tcase from an auto in my old xj with a 5spd transmission.

There are slight differences in input gears and the length of the tail-shaft, if he doesn't have the right one his drive-shaft may not fit.

Measure the length of tail-shaft exposed between your new case and old case. If there is a difference you will need to assess if it will effect your driveshaft length enough to not be usable.

I do have a spare case that needs a chain (got that too) if you want to travel to come get it.

yeah, the input shaft is a little short, i just assumed that was because it came from an auto. appreciate the offer nick, but my situation calls for a turn key case in a timely fashion.

ive got a 231 out of an 87xj

Back