• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for an XJ ARB Bumper

alwaysready said:
FYI there was another thread about the arbs not haing real d-ring pull points they have some loop underneather but they were designed for a highlift jacking point not a pull point. i was glad i bought a used Warn after finding that out..

I pulled from mine quite a bit... myself and others.. no issues what-so-ever...

rockwerks said:
sure........grass...........weeds................tumble weeds........maybe a bit of mud............... ON one trip I saw 2 of 2 fold up under the kind of use we put them through in the west. One bent clear back to the tire the other up into the grill. See I use my bumpers as a to push up and onto obstacles, my 2 protofab bumpers have never let me down

Nope, not in this neck of the woods. I'm sorry you and your friends don't know how to drive. :D

The "East Coast rocks are softer" theory must be true!

144785274d73aac.jpg

144785274e5b40b.jpg

Um, I bent the one on my WJ by using a HiLift on it. They look nice but are thin as hell. I was kinda let down by it.

exactly my point. did you use the bracket or whatever you were supposed to use?
theres a pic floating around here of how the high lift is supposed to attach
they are thin especially compared to my Warn bumper d-ring mounts.

alwaysready said:
exactly my point. did you use the bracket or whatever you were supposed to use?
theres a pic floating around here of how the high lift is supposed to attach
they are thin especially compared to my Warn bumper d-ring mounts.

I'm curious about these Hi-lift pics and how you're supposed to attach it. I've lifted directly to one side of the winch where it's flat, in the running light hole(which I don't use), or on one of the light guard bars. I've never had a problem with any of them.
I was skeptical of the ARB when I got it too. I thought it was too thin too but I don't crash and bash and wheel like an idiot. Anyone can bend or break any bumper if they're morons and plow into stuff. Everyone makes mistakes and will have the occasional mishaps because I have had more than my fair share of them. But if you're bending or breaking shit on anything less than 37's you're doing something wrong IMO.

I just wish people who DO NOT or HAVE NOW owned one would keep their $0.02 based on web wheeling to themselves...

Now if you've seen them breaking left/right thats another story.. The Bumper is thin (not that thin though) but I would say it gets is strength in the way its bent. I ran it... beat it... winched from it (with only the factory ARB mounting hardware ) w/o a single issue.. It's by far the best looking bumper out there for someone who wants their XJ to mostly a DD and mild weekend warrior...

Ex CCS Racer said:
I'm curious about these Hi-lift pics and how you're supposed to attach it. I've lifted directly to one side of the winch where it's flat, in the running light hole(which I don't use), or on one of the light guard bars. I've never had a problem with any of them.
I was skeptical of the ARB when I got it too. I thought it was too thin too but I don't crash and bash and wheel like an idiot. Anyone can bend or break any bumper if they're morons and plow into stuff. Everyone makes mistakes and will have the occasional mishaps because I have had more than my fair share of them. But if you're bending or breaking shit on anything less than 37's you're doing something wrong IMO.

for the record i never said they were weak i only pointed out they dont have a true pull point. that loop is only for jacking as shown in this picture.. ya you could use it for a d-ring, but if my truck was about to roll down a mountain i wouldnt want it tied to those.
Here is the right way to be jacking your arb up..
it also looks as though the bracket has a bolt which goes through the lift part of the jack to prevent slippage too. nice setup for jacking..
and i dont even care since i dont own one just trying to pass on the correct information.
sorry it was on JF that i saw it..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504299
and if the web wheeling comment was to me well then ya i web wheel thats how i learned the correct way to jack up an ARB.
229-300i2-big.jpg

Last edited:
alwaysready said:
for the record i never said they were weak i only pointed out they dont have a true pull point. that loop is only for jacking as shown in this picture.. ya you could use it for a d-ring, but if my truck was about to roll down a mountain i wouldnt want it tied to those.
Here is the right way to be jacking your arb up..
it also looks as though the bracket has a bolt which goes through the lift part of the jack to prevent slippage too. nice setup for jacking..
and i dont even care since i dont own one just trying to pass on the correct information.
sorry it was on JF that i saw it..
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504299
and if the web wheeling comment was to me well then ya i web wheel thats how i learned the correct way to jack up an ARB.
229-300i2-big.jpg

X2, I've lifted my Jeep up 3 times now using a hi-lift and the ARB and it does fine. I trust it more than most lifting points on an xj for the Hi-lift.

The one I got had hit a telephone pole doing 45.. it took a 60 ton press, and tons of heat just to get it back to 90%... these bumpers are no joke

Although there has been a great amount of discussion on the good v. bad of the ARB bumper, I have yet to find one for sale
Thus I am still interested in any ARB or JCR bumpers that may be for sale. I want something that looks good.

Thanks,

PBen

Come on anyone with an aftermarket XJ bumper for $350.00 local that i can pickup?????

flash2pablo said:
Come on anyone with an aftermarket XJ bumper for $350.00 local that i can pickup?????
Dude, I will be honest with you. Bumpers seem to be made of gold around here. The JCoffroad.com looks to be one of the most modestly priced off the shelf bumpers. If you want an ARB for $350, then stand by, It will be a while. I need a new front and rear, I am running banana shapped stockys myself right now. The JCoffroad looks to be the best for the bang. IMHO, if your wife is driving it to and from her work/mall/grocery store/autozone, then what the hell you want a winch bumper for?

Here is your other option...http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/front_xj.html

Ex CCS Racer said:
Nope, not in this neck of the woods. I'm sorry you and your friends don't know how to drive. :D

The "East Coast rocks are softer" theory must be true!

I use my bumpers as ramps to force my rig up and over obstacles. try it a few times with your ARB and see how it holds up. check out protofab4x4.com for quality bumpers you can USE

rockwerks said:
I use my bumpers as ramps to force my rig up and over obstacles. try it a few times with your ARB and see how it holds up. check out protofab4x4.com for quality bumpers you can USE

Been there done that, and my bumper is still intact with just scratches. You seem to know a lot about them, how many ARB bumpers have you owned anyway? I'm just curious.

Ex CCS Racer, i would love to buy it off you for that price, if you come drop it off.

Ex CCS Racer said:
Been there done that, and my bumper is still intact with just scratches. You seem to know a lot about them, how many ARB bumpers have you owned anyway? I'm just curious.

1 it lasted less than 1 complete run, before folding into the tire. and the other 5 I have seen where destroyed with our AZ trails. the ARB bumper is a STAMPED product made from one piece of thin steel steel then lightly reinforced. Most quality bumpers are made from 1/8" steel minimum most out of 3/16" or 1/4"

Last edited:
Back