• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Video

awesome videos!
need rename dougs video to HAMMER DOWN DOUG!

Those videos are unreal Nick... next year I want to hang with the tough trail group just so I can see you guys get through these obstacles.

Great video work as usual, I'm subscribing to you on YouTube so I don't miss any future ones!

Those videos are unreal Nick... next year I want to hang with the tough trail group just so I can see you guys get through these obstacles.

Great video work as usual, I'm subscribing to you on YouTube so I don't miss any future ones!

meh, you can do them in the ZJ. I'll drive, I promise not to scratch it.:laugh:

I want to ride with those guys too, but so I can go through the trails with them...:shhh:

Nice video work Nick!!

33's and lockers will take you everywhere we went.

Nick and Craig did a great job.

The only trail we were at that would be an issue was Lion's Den. In that case, what you lack in tire size, you make up for in body damage. But I'd agree with Brian, a good driver on 33's can ride that trail without winching.

The only trail we were at that would be an issue was Lion's Den. In that case, what you lack in tire size, you make up for in body damage. But I'd agree with Brian, a good driver on 33's can ride that trail without winching.

yeah, I suck. Deeper gears would have made that a lot less difficult, and if I lost about 17" of wheelbase.

I think that Nick and Craig could do it without winching, but at such a low lift the body damage is bound to happen. The pro to that is a low rig doesn't bang on the big rock at the first drop.

great videos!!!

i found shooting video is quite fun...
"a picture is worth a 1000 words, but a video reads the story to you!" lol

yeah, I suck. Deeper gears would have made that a lot less difficult, and if I lost about 17" of wheelbase.

I think that Nick and Craig could do it without winching, but at such a low lift the body damage is bound to happen. The pro to that is a low rig doesn't bang on the big rock at the first drop.

You have rock anchors at the leaf spring mount points. You had the big rock and tree notch beat, but you stalled the jeep. I think some clutch work might be headed your way, it takes way too much to start it moving.

The other issue is your tires, they work great in the mud, but there's not enough tire there to grab anything other than what's in front of you. You need a little more width.

You went in and I watched, so no complaints from me.

Nick is on 35's. I was the only one on 33's.

meh, you can do them in the ZJ. I'll drive, I promise not to scratch it.:laugh:
If you scratched it I don't think I'd be able to tell. I've got a trailer for a reason. :D Usually I make up for tire size by using the skinny pedal.
I want to ride with those guys too, but so I can go through the trails with them...:shhh:
It's too bad that you sheared your ring gear out there. You were built enough I'm sure you would have gotten in to some fun stuff. And I would have followed you!
31s and a front locker this year, and by next year it will definitely be at least 33s and fully locked. Everything else is up in the air but I really want to be just a little bit more built so I can run around with the tough crowd.

Nick and Craig did a great job.

That reminds me of YellowXJ (Travis) in tellico NC. He down sized to 31's on his white XJ , locked the front and LSD'd the rear.. he ended up doing slick rock and guardrail. Every one asked him why he did it on 31s.. he said.. "i wanted a challenge, and prove to you all that driver skills are way better then tire size!"

You have rock anchors at the leaf spring mount points. You had the big rock and tree notch beat, but you stalled the jeep. I think some clutch work might be headed your way, it takes way too much to start it moving.

The other issue is your tires, they work great in the mud, but there's not enough tire there to grab anything other than what's in front of you. You need a little more width.

You went in and I watched, so no complaints from me.

Yeah, who knows how many miles are on that clutch, but I've abused it pretty hard in the 4 years I've had it.

Deeper gears and a new clutch are going to happen.
I think the four link rear plans are back on the table. It's going to be just as easy to four link it as moving the spring hangers/shackle mounts. Not having the fuel tan kunder there leaves it wide open for a triangulated 4 link. I'd like to make the lowers narrow at the frame end so they protect the driveshaft.

87 "I got plans for Lions Den" Manche

I saw some video of upper damnation on you tube from 09. Was clear and nothing like the picture posted.

Nate, how's your arm?

I've been busy with work,will be back on the vids in a few days.

Nick

Back