• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arms, track bar, other parts...

redneck

NAXJA Forum User
Finished a few upgrades on the Cherokee this week and have a few parts laying around to get rid of. Prices are OBO and i like horse trading. Things im looking for; 24" front brake lines, limiting straps 30" ish, Rusty's transfercase skid, SYE for 231, driving lights, shackles, or any other random thing :dunno:. Location Enterprise/Fort Rucker, Alabama. Thanks!

RE1600 Track bar still attached to the stock unibody track bar mount. In very good condition. $120 shipped

Rustys adjustable lower control arms. RC-CA211-UV $130

Shipped Four X Doctor 8.25 diff skid CJ8.25. $50 Shipped

Stock C8.25 with 3.55's out of a 95' Cherokee, drum to drum. $100 Pick up only (can deliver within a 2 hour drive for fuel)

Stock D30 with 3.55's out of a 95' Cherokee, disk to disk. NO axles, NO diff cover. Newer hub bearings. $80 Pick up only (can deliver within a 2 hour drive for fuel)

Appalachian Armor XJ NP231 Transfer Case Armor. $60 Shipped

Chrome hub caps (4) for 5 spoke steel jeep rims. $30 Shipped

245 75 16 Goodyear MT/R's (4). worn tread. One has a screw in it. $40 Pick up only (can deliver within a 2 hour drive for fuel)

Nerf bars. Attach to pinch seam and welded to unibody??? Given to me and Im not going to use them. Im $20 into them for fuel so that’s what im looking for. Pick up only (can deliver within a 2 hour drive for fuel)

Overhead light out of a 97+. $20 Shipped

Skyjacker coils. Told that they are for an F150. As tall as my old 3” lift coils. Thick material and stiff. $40 Shipped

Roof rack rails off my 95’. Come get them out of my way!

Metallic Grey bumpers and end caps off my 95’. Come get them out of my way!

Speedometer for a Harley. Cable driven. $40 Shipped

My '86 has a 3 or 4 inch skyjacker lift and the other day I put on 2 inch spacers in the front. Now I cant go above 40 without terrible death wobble. What exactly that track bar supposed to be? Is it much better than stock? Would it help my situation? The same goes for the lower contol arms. Im very intrested considering that we are pretty local. Can you post pics of the bumpers and roof rails? Thanks in advance

The Adjustable track bar will allow you to center the axle (left to right) under the jeep. The lower control arms will let you move the axle forward and backwards. If your at 4-6 inches of lift with stock lower control arms and a stock track bar, I would expect you would have death wobble. These will help you get the axle back in the proper orientation. I was running these on my 5" for 2 years and it rode like a champ. Where are you located?

Roof Rails. I Think they'll work on the 86' rack.

Front and rear bumpers. They're not perfect but they still look decent. Not bent up. Ill even throw in the lower air dam that matches!

If youre close enough to drive your cherokee over, we can throw it all on over here and make sure your front end is tight.

Last edited:
The Adjustable track bar will allow you to center the axle (left to right) under the jeep. The lower control arms will let you move the axle forward and backwards. If your at 4-6 inches of lift with stock lower control arms and a stock track bar, I would expect you would have death wobble. These will help you get the axle back in the proper orientation. I was running these on my 5" for 2 years and it rode like a champ. Where are you located?
Thanks for the info. Are the adjustmen ts something I coujld make at home or is it mainly for whoever does the alignment? I guess I need to do a lot more research. I live in eufaula, don't know if you know where that's at or not.

Roof Rails. I Think they'll work on the 86' rack.

Front and rear bumpers. They're not perfect but they still look decent. Not bent up. Ill even throw in the lower air dam that matches!

If youre close enough to drive your cherokee over, we can throw it all on over here and make sure your front end is tight.

That's a hell of an offer man thanks. It would be nice to talk to someone who knows jeeps like you do. I still have A LOT to learn. Problem is it would take me forever to get there driving 40 haha. Seems like it might be worth it though. Where do you ride at here in south alabama?

interested in the skid, do you have paypal?

So far...
AA transfer case skid, SOLD (vortec)
Four X Doctor 8.25 diff skid, SOLD (vortec)

interested in the skid, do you have paypal?

Thanks for the interest but it has already been sold to vortec via PM.

Thanks for the info. Are the adjustmen ts something I coujld make at home or is it mainly for whoever does the alignment?

If your running stock LCA's and a stock track bar, no. Thats why you upgrade to these :spin1: . After you install these you can tweak them to your specific suspension setup. After you get that done, then id take it somewhere to get an alignment.

That's a hell of an offer man thanks. It would be nice to talk to someone who knows jeeps like you do. I still have A LOT to learn. Problem is it would take me forever to get there driving 40 haha. Seems like it might be worth it though. Where do you ride at here in south alabama?

I only know what ive read on NAXJA and what i have experienced on my jeep and others. Im more of a helicopter mechanic than a jeep mechanic.

As for wheeling in southern AL... Good luck on that one lol. I have to go up to Birmingham and further north for any good wheeling. I know a few guys up there (ChuckstrPT and DrRandy) who are a part of CAOS. They have 282 acres out Birmingham way to go wheeling on. There are also a few other off road parks up that way. I guess its all about the type of wheeling you like. Im not a mud guy, Im more out for the trail rides.

Aaron... kind of random, but you left your flightline ear cover protector things in my shop, did you need me to ship them to you or? I just found them the other day.

~James

Aaron... kind of random, but you left your flightline ear cover protector things in my shop, did you need me to ship them to you or? I just found them the other day.

~James

Are you talking about my red ear muffs? I lost those somewhere and haven't located them. Whatever they are I havent needed them for work or I got another pair out of supply. :laugh3: At this point you can keep them or toss them... Thanks James!

So far...
AA transfer case skid, SOLD (vortec)
Four X Doctor 8.25 diff skid, SOLD (vortec)

Thanks for the interest but it has already been sold to vortec via PM.

If your running stock LCA's and a stock track bar, no. Thats why you upgrade to these :spin1: . After you install these you can tweak them to your specific suspension setup. After you get that done, then id take it somewhere to get an alignment.

I only know what ive read on NAXJA and what i have experienced on my jeep and others. Im more of a helicopter mechanic than a jeep mechanic.

As for wheeling in southern AL... Good luck on that one lol. I have to go up to Birmingham and further north for any good wheeling. I know a few guys up there (ChuckstrPT and DrRandy) who are a part of CAOS. They have 282 acres out Birmingham way to go wheeling on. There are also a few other off road parks up that way. I guess its all about the type of wheeling you like. Im not a mud guy, Im more out for the trail rides.

So, with the lift I have, do you think that the trac bar and the lca's are a necesitty? Is that probably the only thing that will fix it? How much would you want for both of them? You dont have a headliner laying around do you? I ask because i noticed that in your sig you say you upgraded to a limited interior. Also do you know if any junkyards around our area with any jeeps? As for wheeling all im really able to around here is be a "mud guy" but trail riding would be fun. Sorry i hijacked your thread with all my questons

Are you talking about my red ear muffs? I lost those somewhere and haven't located them. Whatever they are I havent needed them for work or I got another pair out of supply. :laugh3: At this point you can keep them or toss them... Thanks James!

umm yeah. Red ear muffs. Thats what I was trying to say. They are here, and I have used em a few times. You can get them next time you are up this way. Matter of fact, my sister-in-law was all like 'so who is the red head guy... he's cute' when she happened to see pics from Andys fender chop. She's single, and live in Bham....

So, with the lift I have, do you think that the trac bar and the lca's are a necesitty? Is that probably the only thing that will fix it? How much would you want for both of them? You dont have a headliner laying around do you? I ask because i noticed that in your sig you say you upgraded to a limited interior. Also do you know if any junkyards around our area with any jeeps? As for wheeling all im really able to around here is be a "mud guy" but trail riding would be fun. Sorry i hijacked your thread with all my questons

Yeah, Id say anything over 2-3" its a must for a track bar and at least LCA. I was running stock UCA at 5" but when I pulled them off to put long arms I was shocked. They were very distorted and im surprised they didnt give way. They're only made from flimsy stamped steel. Also, just a heads up, Ive got another guy interested in the Track Bar too.

When I did the interior I changed everything but the dash and the head liner. Whats wrong with yours? Missing or just need to be recovered?

The only junkyard ive been to around me is the Montgomery Pull-a-part. They list what they have in the yard online. Normally 5-8 pre-97 XJ's. I havent seen any 97+ XJ's in there yet.

umm yeah. Red ear muffs. Thats what I was trying to say. They are here, and I have used em a few times. You can get them next time you are up this way. Matter of fact, my sister-in-law was all like 'so who is the red head guy... he's cute' when she happened to see pics from Andys fender chop. She's single, and live in Bham....

Yeah, go ahead consider them yours. Ive been using earplugs now anyways. As for your sister-in-law, Bham is only a 2.5 hour drive for me. Im game! :roll: :callme:

I'd like to purchase the tracbar and LCA's. I'm in B'ham.

Yeah, Id say anything over 2-3" its a must for a track bar and at least LCA. I was running stock UCA at 5" but when I pulled them off to put long arms I was shocked. They were very distorted and im surprised they didnt give way. They're only made from flimsy stamped steel. Also, just a heads up, Ive got another guy interested in the Track Bar too.

When I did the interior I changed everything but the dash and the head liner. Whats wrong with yours? Missing or just need to be recovered?

The only junkyard ive been to around me is the Montgomery Pull-a-part. They list what they have in the yard online. Normally 5-8 pre-97 XJ's. I havent seen any 97+ XJ's in there yet.

Yeah, go ahead consider them yours. Ive been using earplugs now anyways. As for your sister-in-law, Bham is only a 2.5 hour drive for me. Im game! :roll: :callme:
I guess I have a lot more research to do. I need to check out the pull a part in Montgomery some time. And yeah I need the full headliner all I have is a bare roof.

Coils SOLD (garth93xj)

Back