• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year crown vic

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
I tried looking, but can not find anything on what year I should get the brake parts off of for a D44 disc conversion. I found some calipers for up to 93 and the some for 95 and newer. Although, the write-up I found used 94 calipers and it didn't list 94 as being a compatible year with the calipers I found. Any info would be great. I don't want to end up spending money on new calipers only to find they are incorrect.

Thanks,
Jason

Chris @ GATR said:
Drum brakes ftw. Discs in the rear ore overrated.

Had the stock drums. All new parts. Fully adjusted. They sucked donkey dong compared to the performance of my existing disc setup.

No longer do I continue to roll and pray that I stop when backing up on an steep incline.

waxer said:
Had the stock drums. All new parts. Fully adjusted. They sucked donkey dong compared to the performance of my existing disc setup.

No longer do I continue to roll and pray that I stop when backing up on an steep incline.

X2.

I have CV disc. from a 94, 95 & 96. The mounting brackets & calipers all look the same. JIM.

waxer said:

What size tires were you on then?
My 01 (with 10inch drums) has never had a problem with near stock tires. Nor do two other XJ (running slush boxes) I off with. They also run with no more then 31 tires. They do have the upgraded booster.

el_roy: The booster upgrade (if needed) and a proportional value for all disk is recommenced for your disk conversion anyway.

badron said:
What size tires were you on then?
My 01 (with 10inch drums) has never had a problem with near stock tires. Nor do two other XJ (running slush boxes) I off with. They also run with no more then 31 tires. They do have the upgraded booster.

el_roy: The booster upgrade (if needed) and a proportional value for all disk is recommenced for your disk conversion anyway.

33's and running the Hammers is where I found the drums to be inadequate. Sure, they will stop just fine moving forward on fire roads and mild wheeling. But try and crawl up boulders the size of the jeep and back up to change your line, then the drums don't cut it.

Put the discs on and have not had a single problem at all.

I have a 96, so I don't know if I need the booster upgrade.

Other then that, after I get the swap done I will decide what to do with the valve. In one of the write-ups it says something about an o-ring that can be removed. At least I think that's what it said. Does this method work?

el_roy1985 said:
I have a 96, so I don't know if I need the booster upgrade.

Other then that, after I get the swap done I will decide what to do with the valve. In one of the write-ups it says something about an o-ring that can be removed. At least I think that's what it said. Does this method work?

I haven't touched the prop. valve. Neither has Hale-yes. JIM.

Back