• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ColordoFest 2011 welcomes all NAXJA'ers

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
The Colorado Chapter welcomes all NAXJA members to ColoradoFest 2011. It is being based out of Ouray, Colorado, aka. the Switzerland of the Rockies.

Held in a family friendly KOA campground, it offers members a chance to visit some of the most beautiful scenery in the US, if not the world. We will be exploring all the world class scenery trails in the area such as Black Bear, Imogene, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass, Corkscrew, etc. as well as some little known trails that will be first time runs for just about everybody.

Within daily driving distance to the south, outside Montrose, Colorado, are some of the hardest core trails you would ever want to try.

For those who have never wheeled before, we will help teach and lead you through the wonders of Colorado's high country. Most of the scenic trails can be run with a bone stock XJ, with some guidance. The trails around Ouray are not all that hard, but that is made up for by the spectacular scenery. We will be starting up threads for each of the trails so that people who have done them can post up their pix and experiences.

Ouray will generate memories that will last for a lifetime and it is also perfect for bringing the whole family.

ColoradoFest has historically been a loosely coordinated event as far as what trails will be run on what days. We will be posting a tentative trail schedule soon, but don't worry that if you aren't there a particular day that you will miss out on running a particular trail. There will be many small groups running various trails every day. We try not to have super large groups slowing down everything. Some folks will want to take more time and take tons of pictures, so that can be accomodated. Make sure and bring an extra memory card or three for your digital camera. You could easily take a hundred pix on any of the trails.

Last edited:
This looks awesome. I am new to the site. Not new to XJ's. Glad to be here. I will be talking to the wife, and hopefully be seeing all of you this summer! :clap:

Cindy and I are thinking about doing this instead of Moab this year. We've driven through that part of CO before, and have always wanted to spend more time there.

This looks awesome. I am new to the site. Not new to XJ's. Glad to be here. I will be talking to the wife, and hopefully be seeing all of you this summer! :clap:

Hay, good, look forward to wheeling w/ ya.

Back