• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG MT or PRO COMP MT

XJiggy

NAXJA Forum User
alright I need a 32" tire and these seem to be the closest to what im looken for. which one would would you suggest? or would you suggest a different 32" tire

BFG or add MT/R to the mix. Procomp tires are a special kind of crap.

goodyear makes the MT/R but they are usually more expensive than pro-comp and BFG. I have 25,000 miles on my 32 inch BF's and they still have tons of tread left

Guess I should qualify my answer.

IF you are in the Midwest and plan to encounter mud at all....go BFG.

The MTRs will not self clean the midwest mud....trust me.

Rev

I'll agree with that. I had intended to comment that MT/R's don't do very good in the mud, but got distracted by someone walking into my office and forgot it. :)

Thanks rev.

Next time I happen to make it to IL, or you make it to LA, or there's a national level event that doesn't fall on a close friends wedding (like the last two fall flings..).

;)

-C

PolishX said:
dont go with MT/R's go with the other MT . and look at 33 BFG MT they are really 32.6 or 32.8

I agree X2

go 33's

...BOB

BFG

If you run on lot's of icy roads, you'll want the MT/R. (if you scare easy) They have much better siping. It's not really a mud tire.

BFG!! Yes sidewalls can rip, but they do also on the MT/R and on any other tire you put up against some sharp knarly rocks. Anyways, BFG's are awesome, and if you can get the road hazard, who cares if you rip a sidewall, get it replaced with a new one!

Back