• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SO who is here from Atlanta Georgia area?

Remi Atlanta is only about 1 1/2 hours from my place and I know about 3 or 4 other guys in the area...What part will you be in???

Ga Mike & A-Mechanic....

Two great guys!

in augusta right now, but I go up to Dawsonville every now and then (only 40 mins out of ATL).....
If you just want to meet some jeep guys(not just XJers) check out southernjeeps.org, they are all over Atlanta. Ive only met one or two of em, but they pionted me here!

I'm not really 100% sure... but I will be at the labs of the Melita predictive dialers....... they are supposed to be in Atlanta Georgia or near Atlanta Georgia.... I will post more info as time grows nearer

i'm in athens, only about an hour away, my parents only live about 20 mins from there....beers??? where?? mmmmm....beeeeeer

jeepxjga said:
beers??? where?? mmmmm....beeeeeer
How the heck should I know??? Also is there anything worth seeing in Atlanta??? I might show up a day early (fly in on Sat instead of Sun or something like that) if there are any sites to be visited....

Centenial Park is kinda nice to walk around.
Its not an "oo, ahhh" thing, but I think just about everyone goes at least once to the Coke factory. Those are the only things I can think of right now. There area few science museums if you like those. Turner field. You could always go to the CDC and pick of a few "things" to take back ith you.:eek:

I grew up in Athens (about 45 min. from Atlanta). If you enjoy nature hikes, you should check out Stone Mountain - though you will be frustrated that you aren't allowed to drive up it (would make a fun trail, if I remember right). The coke museum is only KINDA neat until you get to the free coke room where they have free fountian drinks from all over the world! Then it's pretty tight.
There are suppossedly alot of rad clubs around - if your into that kinda thing. I couldn't tell you which ones, since I find it boring - plus I don't drink (so what's the point of clubbing?) - but I'm sure you could find someone who knew.
CNN is based in Atlanta - some people are really interested in seeing the HQ... not sure why, but I guess some people like that....
And of course, if you have the opportunity, you should drive up to the mountains - they are quite different from west coast mountains. Dunno if you'd have the time - but you should try to make it to Tellico while your over there - it's quite a different experience from Moab.

imma honky said:
Centenial Park is kinda nice to walk around.
Its not an "oo, ahhh" thing, but I think just about everyone goes at least once to the Coke factory. Those are the only things I can think of right now. There area few science museums if you like those. Turner field. You could always go to the CDC and pick of a few "things" to take back ith you.:eek:

Coke factory.... I WILL BE THERE! :D "I'm a coke addict and I'm proud to say it :D"

How could i forget stone mountain!

Im not sure if they do it every weekend or only special occasions, but they have a sweet laser show at night sometimes. It is done on the side of the mountain and is really cool. Enjoy all the coke you want....PEPSI ALL THE WAY!!!! exept for barqs and mr pibb :)

Hey, are they still playing that song at the very end of the laser show where they animate the carvings (for those of you who don't know - the carving is of several Civil War generals on horses) and General Lee breaks his sword? Wow. When the drunk rednecks see that - quality entertainment! Worth the price of admission alone.

They may only run the laser show during the summer though....not sure....

I'm from Athens, and I can't think of anything else anyone's left off... Unless you're a hockey fan, and you can watch the Thrashers.

I checked Stone Mountain's website out and they ended the slideshow this past weekend.

Stone Mountain Park

Buckhead is for rich yuppies with more money than brains.... the south side is the good side.

You must go to The Varsity for lunch. It's the best greasy food in the world.

FatXJ said:
Buckhead is for rich yuppies with more money than brains.... the south side is the good side.

You must go to The Varsity for lunch. It's the best greasy food in the world.

Buckhead:The only place in the ATL area where people get shot/stabbed/robbed,but the party doesn't stop! :party:

The Varsity:Greasy is an understatement.:D

Back