• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proportioning valve: difference between RENIX years and first HO years

CherokeeGio

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone!
I’m new here on the forum and I hope I’m posting in the right section.
I have a Cherokee xj 1988 Laredo with a 4.0L.
The previous owner eliminated the proportioning valve and swapped Brake Booster with one from (looks like) a different vehicle.
I’m now about to swap in (due to poor breaking power) a BB and MC from a grand Cherokee WJ i already got.
Because of the previous owner who eliminated the proportioning valve I’m now about to buy one coming from a 1995 Cherokee xj without ABS because it’s the closest to me.
Do you think it would be compatible with my jeep or should I wait to find one for my year?
Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
G

Year doesn't matter (except for the fittings) so are you going to do rear discs? Otherwise I would look at the late (+97) PV's.

Thank you so much for your answer.
I was thinking to do rear discs but not right now. I was in case thinking to do them not before fall time. But in that case I’ve seen searching in the forum I can in the future just swap the guts from a zj PV in the PV I get now, is it correct? Thank you again
G

No wasn't even a need to do anything on my 2k (factory PV) when I installed WJ/KJ disc's on it.

Back