• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New trans issues

kf_chris

NAXJA Forum User
So I took the jeep out with my fiance and we kinda torched the tranny.
After it was towed home...then to the transmission shop (Factory Direct Transmissions in Orlando, FL) the damage was the pump, converter, bands, and I think a few other internal components.
First and foremost. Don't ever, ever go to these people for anything. They have poor-at-best customer service and communication habits. I payed a decent chunk of change for a 'low mile rebuilt' trans with a 12 month warrantee on it. It took them 2 weeks longer than they originally thought it would, due mainly to their own practices and work. I went to pick the jeep up 3 times. First time they said "it's done come get it" and when I showed up it wasn't running and was on the lift and they were fiddling with wires under the hood. Turns out after a week of an electrician /technician testing and working...they installed the flywheel/converter/trans out of alignment and it was effed up. So they fixed that (it only took them about 4 more days). I look under the hood after I got it back finally (this would be after the 2 additional weeks longer than they said it would take) and there is a jumper wire from the harness to the TPS (which the owner said they would replace and didn't...but the other shop did after i said that it was promised to me by the owner and they hacked my harness for no apparent reason) and it gets a check engine light. The jeep didn't want to stay in 4th gear between 42 and 50 mph (indicated on speedo) and kept shifting back into 3rd, the into 4th when accelerating.
So I took it back and they went for a drive with me "bring it back and we'll fix it" is what I was told so I did a few days later. They "fixed it" but I only drove the 5 miles from the shop to home...and I think the problem still exists. I had to fly to Vegas to work, then here to OK for work now and I haven't really gotten to look.

2 important things.
1) DON'T GO TO FACTORY DIRECT TRANSMISSIONS IN ORLANDO
2) PUT A TRANS COOLER ON IF YOU PUT IN A STROKER

This should be an entertaining read for someone and I'm happy to have my jeep back-ish after a month of not driving it.

Back