• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fire Recon Run - Behind the gates! Sun. 6/28

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Greg has invited AAT volutneers out on a run behind the Lake Fire closure area. Be at the Discovery center tomorrow at 9:00 AM and get your chance to get in behind the closed gates.

Ranger Greg said:
Last Minute Notice! I will be leading a run tomorrow out of the Big Bear discovery Center leaving at 0900. This will be an easy 4x4 run on Clark's Grade, Seven Oaks and Wildhorse Meadows.

Any Program Members, Family and Friends are welcome to join in on this timely event.

Be sure to bring food and water, cameras and a vehicle capable to run the day without a breakdown.

Sorry for the late notice. This opportunity just came up and I wanted to share it with YOU.

Hope to see ya there!

Ranger Greg.

Bring back pics.

Sounds like a cool opportunity.

Anybody go? How was the turnout? What's it look like? Any idea on how/what is closed/for how long?

I was actually camping in crab flats this past weekend and could have gone. But was practicing interweb disconnection Sat night so I didn't see this until it was too late. Got the notification Sunday morning around 8am, and I was in my tent in my underwear. Discovery is almost an hour away from that campground still.

Ended up going down Deep Creek. It was raining with lighting/thunder…
https://youtu.be/zuuN1Fe8pEg?t=2m35s

Last edited:
Back