• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Socalfest

markw

web wheeler
NAXJA Member
So based on past history, can we count on this event being around the 3rd of May? Trying to figure out my days off at work.

Thanks!

We are finalizing days... We should be able to confirm a date shortly.

Garrett, i think you're odd man out. I doubt anyone is going to change the traditional location for one or two illegal rigs. Not to say i wouldnt prefer to go play in the hammers, but i'd still vote big bear for this event.

Although i could do without the angry lesbian camp hosts....

Unfortunately, Garrett, this event attempts to encourage attendance by families and those who won't dry camp (i.e. in a campground, with restrooms, showers, nearby grocery stores, and silly things like that). It also gets us close to one of our Adopt-A-Trails, so we can incorporate that into Sunday's trail runs.

Can you try to fab up a removable windscreen? Maybe some nice wide Saran Wrap, or some Visqueen... I have faith in you!

If not, I'm sorry, but you're just going to have to buy an additional XJ... :laugh3:

We have GoatFest in Johnson Valley in November with lots of options for the "I just don't like my sheetmetal" crowd. :scottm:.

Last edited:
SoCal Fest will be in Big Bear as it traditionally always has been. While it is not typically a sponsored NAXJA event Goatfest is our all-encompassing event in the year.

We will have the event May 2 through May 4. More details will be forthcoming.

Thank you

SoCal Fest will be in Big Bear as it traditionally always has been. While it is not typically a sponsored NAXJA event Goatfest is our all-encompassing event in the year.

We will have the event May 2 through May 4. More details will be forthcoming.

Thank you

Are these dates finalized?

Will the chapter be paying for 1 night of camping if you are a red member again?

Will we ever get reimbursed for last year, or will the chapter do 2 days for those who did not get reimbursed last year?

While they could possible change if something were to happen as of this time those are the final dates.

As for the MGE program I am not aware of issues with the reimbursement, did you bring the issue up to anybody? The setup was not an automatic reimbursement, you needed to speak to Carol about it.

Whether we will be doing that again or not has not been finalized yet, we're still a ways out on the details.

I figured this would be the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Yes, I will trailer it up, so I can always tow it to the trail area and take it from there. It is still registered and plated, so as long as we don't run into any popo on the trail, we will be ok...

I have enjoyed the last two SoCal fest, the first of which was in calico, Jerk, so I plan to find a way to make it to this one.

The family (wife) really likes wheeling/camping up there, as it's a nice change from the desert. Her work needed the dates.

Thanks!

Hell XJohnnyc drove his rolled rig down from Rubicon egg shaped with a 2 pc plexi windsheild and the cops just smiled at him; but I guess that wasn't BB.
Assuming it will be in BB again, the popo up there really don't like me driving the buggy on the road, and they really won't like it when the windshield comes out in the near future...

I'm hoping SoCal fest can be in a more, multi user friendly location...

It was brought up a while back with no real response. I think Mako was the one who asked. Was anyone reimbursed?

A lot of people were reimbursed at the dinner. It was painless - show Carol your camping receipt; get reimbursed. You had a choice of cash back or raffle tickets. I took raffle tickets.

David Bricker / SYR

Just drive in between 2 fellow jeepers on the road?

With that current plate you'll be mostly safe basecamped out of Serrano. Yes you need to do some pavement but you can minimize it with clever routing. I don't think any LEOs are going to go after that types of violations on dirt (but being that a lot of the trail system is street legal only that valid plate is needed).

I would not suggest doing something like taking the highway to Arrowhead to run Deep Creek, stay on dirt.

Back