• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

top speed

88 MPH

I'm running 35's so I got a bit scared and backed off at 118mph on the way to Moab according to my gps. It was still accellerating.

speed limited at 116, maybe 125 if you wire in a toggle to the speed sensor

this was just posted up at Comanche Club. I think its the win :D
Worlds Fastest Comanche said:
88 Jeep Comanche, 5 speed, 5.0L Jeep inline 6

timeslip2010.gif

Was that the guy trying to build the fastest pick up or something? I remember reading a thread about that...

Not sure if you are asking what the fastest Jeep over all or when the stock limiter kicks in.

My 2000, pretty much stock except for a K&N, had the limiter kick in at around 122mph. It cut power to the engine, probably the fuel injectors.

My speed limiter cuts in at 116mph (speedo showing 122) and shuts off the fuel pump. Unlimited, the 4.6 stroker has enough power to take my XJ to a theoretical 130mph.

My 2000, pretty much stock except for a K&N, had the limiter kick in at around 122mph. It cut power to the engine, probably the fuel injectors.

Interesting... The limiter on my 2000 kicked in at a GPS-indicated 110 even, also when stock.

Any chance yours has a police PCM, or at least police programming? I understand that they don't have the speed restriction.

depends on how much balls you have, i barely touched the 100 mark in my stock 00' and just about crapped myself trying to keep it on the road.
Mine was fine at that speed. Surprisingly stable.
Any chance yours has a police PCM, or at least police programming? I understand that they don't have the speed restriction.
No police PCM.

I've hit 120 on pavement in all 3 small jeeps. I think my record in the M54A2 was 56 and that was going downhill with a strong tailwind.

The steering gets sketchy at about 115 to 120. In the 91 I still had some pedal left and called it quits due to driveshaft vibration and wheel bearings, in the 96 it's still quite stable, the 98 cuts out at that speed due to the governor. The 96 will do 95-98 or so no problem in second gear, it's right on the edge of hitting rev limiter at 98.

Back