• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling 101 at ColoradoFest

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
We all started wheeling as a rank beginner. Each year we get absolute first time wheelers at our events. That is great.

I am posting up to see if anyone would like a Wheeling 101 course while at ColoradoFest. I have always enjoyed taking inexperienced wheelers over some awesome trails with safety. By the end of the week we end up with some very confident and competent wheelers that can't wait to hit the trails.

So if you are interested in leaning how to wheel better, please put your name down here.

Id def. be interested. I havent wheeled alot. Mostly dirt roads and street driving in my Jeep/ Now that my Jeep will be finished Id like someone to explain the basics and show me the ropes. Thanks Ryan.

If I can find it, I've got the book, Jeep used to hand out for the Offroad course they had at Camp Jeep. It has good advice, all of which Tom knows.

That would be cool Fred.

Problem is that I put it somewhere "where I could find it" and we know how that goes.

I'd be willing to help you out with that Tom.
I help lay out trails for the Big Bear Jeep Jamboree in California. I was a leader there for 4 years. I took people who wanted to know just how far their stock Jeep could be driven without damage in an advanced intermediate type group.
I also worked at the Hole in the Rock, Arch Canyon/ Hotel Rock, and Moab Jeep Jamborees in Utah for a few years.
I taught advanced 4x4 classes to a group with the Trail Ridge Runners when I was a member.
I was a paid Jeep 101 instructor at Camp Jeep at Camp Hail for 2 years. I was sub-contracted through Mark Smith Off Road Enterprises to work for Chrysler Corp. Mark Smith O.F.E. is the parent company of JJUSA. About 6 of us were pick from the trail leaders through out the US from the ranks of Jeep Jamboree USA.

Back