• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy speedo gear? Not the dealer

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
Dealer says they can no longer get a 31 tooth long speedo gear for the '88 231, any ideas on where to get one?

Part number I came up with is J3212731 which supersedes 52068153.

Any idea what drivetrain combo had this long 31t gear?

Try Tacoma Speedometer in Lakewood, Wa. 1-800-6-SPEEDO. Those guys are great.

I'm sure you've seen this chart already: http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoSpeedoGears.htm When I went to the dealer to find a 32 tooth gear for my '96 (auto and electronic speedo drive) they said it didn't exist so, I gave them a number from that chart and it coincided with one from a Dodge van.....fit perfect. All I can say is, try another dealer.........Hans

I gave the dealer both the current part number and the superceded number, no dice. The 'puter showed that they're no longer available.

Tacoma Speedo hooked me up, thanks for the info. Could have saved on shipping if I were still stationed at Ft. Lewis.

Bounty Hunter said:
I gave the dealer both the current part number and the superceded number, no dice. The 'puter showed that they're no longer available.

Tacoma Speedo hooked me up, thanks for the info.

Glad I could help.

Back