• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce on August 10th and 11th

WesternXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Kevin W. (Axe) wants to run Fordyce. The two tenative plans are:

Run to the first water crossing on Saturday, spend the night and come back out Sunday.

or

Run to the bottom of winch hill #1 (water permitting), spend the night, run to the "bail out" at the bottom of winch hill #3 and come home.

Lisa and I should be able to make this one :?

When is the con run?

Fordyce is one of my favorites so far, I am up for a run but would prefer to go all the way through, How come you guys don't want to go all the way?

I think we took it all the way through, but it was my first real trail, and was not leading maybe we took the bail out.

I might have something planned that weekend but if not I'd be up for running it all the way through.
Also depends if I have everything fixed by then as well.

Jes

I think I'll be ready to roll, depends on how much Jes and I get done this weekend, and what the carnage toll is inside his "professionally built" :roll: 44.

We need to:
a. Install Atlas
b. Fix 44
c. Straighten frame
d. Add a leaf to my mongrelized pack.

....all in three days! :shock:

CRASH

I might be up for it, depending on the "fundage", i'll let you know. Someone give me directions, and a comparison to Swamp Lake?

No need for a stock pack, thanks though.

Froggy: depending on how far in we go, it could be like Swamp, or on par with the Rubicon. The Winch Hills are fun and interesting.

CRASH

The descente down to the first water crossing will open your eyes. Much harder than anything on Swamp.
Although my idea of "harder" may have changed since last time I was there.

Jes

I made it through with 3 inches of lift 31s and a rear lockright, it did take a couple of tugs with a tow strap though. I did pick up some body damage on the rear rocker corners.

That weekend is Trek weekend. You won't even GET on trail! Seriously, my groups staging time is 5:15, with departure @ 6:15am. And we are the second group! Good luck though.
Are any of you going to Trek? Look me up, 91XJ, red, Con-Fer roof rack, customer bumpers, etc.

Change of venue to Barrett?

She's open for business.......

CRASH

:oops: Forgot about Sierra Trek! Didn't realize it's so soon.

Barrett sounds like a viable solution. Anyone have a problem with Barrett? I think this trail is harder than the Rubicon. :shock:

Minimum requirements are:

4.5" of lift
32's
at least one locker
tow points front and rear
extra shafts for the D30 and D35 crowd

PS.. with the "Trek" happening that weekend, [b:87273db47b]ALL[/b:87273db47b] trails might be full. :?

It may be better to call that weekend off, with all the regulars heading to places like Barrett and the Con, rather than Fordyce.

I may go up north to check out a rumor I heard about near Mt. Lassen. I will report back.....

CRASH

Stop in Susanville at the Pioneer Bar and have a beer for me!! Watch out for Indians on horseback riding through the bar :shock:

Back