• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Submit your Mission Statement Ideas here:

wheel till the jeep breaks , fix it, repeat :paperwork
Led

Led said:
wheel till the jeep breaks , fix it, repeat :paperwork
Led

Nice start....where can we view other chapter mission statements to get some "inspiration"?

How would we see a mission statement from other chapters? Haven't had time to research this site. Are they on here?

We need something covering

1. Protect against the loss of 4x4 trails due to government regulation.

2. Promote safe and eco friendly use of the beautiful state of Colorado and all its outdoors and back country trails.

3. To help individuals new to 4x4, "Cherokee", to learn the safe operation of their vehicles.

4. To promote the sharing of information among members and non-members about modifications to the Jeep Cherokee that can enhance their enjoyment and use of their vehicles.

5. To bring the fraternity of XJ users in Colorado together in order to organize and promote trail running events.

This is just a couple of quick points off the top of my head. I didn't work on phrasing or anything, just tried to hit some points.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

And a bunch of other

Tom & Led pretty much nailed it on the head.

Keeping FUN things going on throughout the year for all interested XJ/MJ folks in your area(s) is the main thing IMO.

I like keeping the fun things going idea. If that's not what its about, I don't know what is. The problem is that some of us like to have a bit more fun than others :angel:

Tom Houston

A good friend of mine for over 15 years and wheeling buddy (XJ owner) is a lawyer and has argued the RS statutes in the State Supreme Court. He has offered as a favor to me to argue any of these types of cases for pretty much the court costs and direct expenses.

I only call in those favors when they are really needed but its nice to have the option.

Tom Houston

old_man said:
A good friend of mine for over 15 years and wheeling buddy (XJ owner) is a lawyer and has argued the RS statutes in the State Supreme Court. He has offered as a favor to me to argue any of these types of cases for pretty much the court costs and direct expenses.

I only call in those favors when they are really needed but its nice to have the option.

Tom Houston

Thanks, Tom, I'm not sure what you mean by "these types of cases". No offense please, I'm just not sure what your offering up.

Thanks,

I'm referring to the land use cases that concern the BLM or government closing down 4x4 trails. He has argued several of these cases where the government attempted to shut down access in the Estes Park area.

Sorry for the use of RS. That is the prefix for the statutes that cover this type of access. I keep forgeting that not everyone is intimately familiar with the legalese.

old_man said:
I'm referring to the land use cases that concern the BLM or government closing down 4x4 trails. He has argued several of these cases where the government attempted to shut down access in the Estes Park area.

Sorry for the use of RS. That is the prefix for the statutes that cover this type of access. I keep forgeting that not everyone is intimately familiar with the legalese.

Thanks Tom

Back