• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 sport 5 spd ABS front diff

Chadc72

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

My front differential assembly had an unfortunate meeting with a boulder. I am trying to locate a replacement, but it seems that this particular combination (5 speed, ABS) is difficult to find. Does anyone happen to know a good place to find one, or can an automatic version simply be re-geared with the proper 3.07 ratio?

Thanks for the help!

-Chad

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here but, I'm pretty sure the housing is pretty much the same on all XJ D30's ABS or not. You can even use the low pinon from the 2000 2001 if low pinon vs Hi pinon isnt an issue with you. Difference is low pinon will require the correct gear set.

I don't know the ABS systems too well, but if your tone ring equipped shafts were not damaged in the meeting, you could always swap them (along with any other abs parts on the axle) into the axle you purchase.

Back