• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Asheville Area Run, 11/18

XJ FREAK said:
Hey thats just a hop skip, and jump away, let me know time and place and me and my bro will be there.

Maggie Valley Is a lil more than a hop skid and jump away from Burlington?

IM suppose to be up that way thanksgiving weekend, if the jeep looks like it will make it that far I might be up for some sort of run then.

For those that want to go, lets say the rest area at MM9 (?) on I-40W at about 9:30. I'll be driving this:

DSCF1057.jpg

Since that's probably the view you'll get of me when you pull into the parking lot, lol.

Oh yeh, I'm really familiar with hurricane creek,
I used to hunt and fish it alot and camp some too.
I'll see you there.

Well, turned out it was just MarkWNC and I running up Hurricane Creek. I finally got to do the whole thing! :guitar: lol Of course, Mark's XJ was slightly more built than mine:

DSCF1352.jpg

So Hurricane Creek was like a cake walk to him. lol He did try to go up this super steep, sloppy, mud-covered hill. He almost made it to the crest and then lost traction. He said he wasn't sure if he'd make it to the other side anyway. All in all, it was a nice day and good times shared with a new friend!

Wish I had known bout this... how random though... I'm from burlington like xj freak, yet i'm at western carolina not too far from asheville.... wheres some good trails round here guys?

ZacSquatch said:
Wish I had known bout this... how random though... I'm from burlington like xj freak, yet i'm at western carolina not too far from asheville.... wheres some good trails round here guys?

I had posted it up earlier this week. Sorry dude. Yea, I passed right by the Kitty-Mount exit (sorry, I went to Georgia Southern, even though football sucked this year) on my way to Hurricane Creek. It was kinda last minute anyway. Might try to make another run at it before the end of the year, maybe when it's snowy! That'd be pretty.

Wheres hurricane creek? what good places are there around here

Back