• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maine 4x4's Warrior Salute August 24th&25th

zr2toxj

NAXJA Forum User
As a staff member of Maine 4x4.org I would like to encourage any of you in the Northeast area to participate in an event we are putting together this summer for Wounded Veterans in the area. Even if you can't make it, buy a T-shirt or make a donation for the cause.

We currently have participants from the Legacy Foundation and have commitments from John Steele at Rocky Mountain Terrain Park to cook for everyone. He has also generously agreed to make a donation to 4wheel2heal.

Members of the club have offered their campers for the weekend and we are going to have some raffle items with all the proceeds going to the 4wheeltoheal organization. Go here to check them out: 4w2h.org

RMTP is a great area with some wonderful trails to a summit and an outdoor kitchen area to sit around and watch the shenanigans.

So I encourage everyone to follow the development on Maine4x4.org, post here if you want to attend or contact me directly. We'll be looking for donations to help pay their way and make it a weekend to remember.

Thanks!
Chris

602004_10151462085154557_160315825_n_zps9d3f27da.jpg

Cost:

$20.00 per day per person (not vehicle) entrance and wheeling fee
$10.00 per person camping fee
$50.00 food package (includes five meals)
week-end package for $100.00 per person and that covers everything thus saving 10% for ordering the total package.

PLEASE POST IN THE THREAD REGARDING ATTENDANCE AND WHAT YOU WANT FOR SHIRTS & I'LL UPDATE THIS LIST AS WE GO. MERCHANDISE CAN BE SEEN AT http://www.4w2h.org/merchandise. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE ORGANIZATION. THANK YOU!

For those on FB, check out these links:

https://www.facebook.com/4WheeltoHeal

JP's page:

https://www.facebook.com/boarderofsnow

Pam Payeur - Program Director
Warrior Legacy Foundation's
Wounded Heroes Program of Maine
https://www.facebook.com/WoundedHeroesofMaine
www.warriorlegacyfoundation.org

"They have given everything and ask for nothing."

Yes. There are areas to just mess around in a couple of mud run type spots, there's a rock garden, there's trails that are challenging then there are some that I wouldn't even attempt locked both ends with 34's.

Go to Youtube and search RMTP, there's some videos on there to give you an idea.

Can't make the trip but if you guys make a decal out of the logo I'd buy them for my jeeps

Shipping out the 22nd of July.... where can we donate/t-shirts?

Best of luck to you on your deployment. I just sent an email to our Treasurer and I'll get back to you on that. We use Square for a lot of our transactions, but let me see what he thinks is best.

Thanks for the support!

Mpeckham22, Pm sent.

word, thanks. I reposted this over to facebook and got some interest in donations and t's
you guys do a whole lot more than you think for a lot of guys, thank you
:us:

Just a quick update. We were experiencing some mining issues on our site, so we closed direct access to the forum and are requesting that you simply register for an account to read about this event. I will try to post here any updates as things progress. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Things are progressing well. We've got some key sponsors to help us with the costs, and a ton of interest, so thank you for that. We extended an invite to Rick Pewe from Petersen's 4WD mag. He wheeled with a small group from ME4x4 a couple of years ago, so we're hoping he can make it back.

Chris

Alright folks, this event is about a month away. We are hoping to raise $2k for a donation. 4W2H tries to buy a lot of expensive equipment for the Warriors, so please do what you can even if you can’t make it.

We have Paypal or Square Register set up for payment and we also have the following T-shirt contest:

Here’s some better pics of the T-shirts. These are $20, just let me know what size you want.

We also have some great gifts.

L/A Harley in Lewiston Maine has a $200 gift certificate.
Cabela’s has donated 4 - $25 gift cards, 10 kids fishing poles and a bunch of coupons
Superwinch has donated some 40% off coupons
Funtown Splashtown USA donation
RaveX Performance donation
A to Z Landscaping LLC donation
Margaritas Mexican Restaurant

Pam Payeur from the Warrior Legacy Foundation’s Wounded Heroes Program of Maine is very excited to have 6 of her Warriors attend.

We have stickers too! $5.00 each

And some flyers:

flyer43013_zps16f9d1c9.png

We are having our final meeting next Saturday. I’m hoping we can figure out how to get music for at least one evening.

Any questions, post up or send me a PM

THANK YOU!!!

524373_410006925713734_377427938_n_zpsa347231c.jpg

I don't have a rig right now, but as a Purple Heart recipient mysf I'd love to make a donation. Pm me the details of PayPal.

Back