• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MSV/Coney Flats and Lefthand 10/9/10

.40CalPatriot

NAXJA Forum User
Well the orginal plan was to do Red Elephant to Bill Moore, but due to Hurleys problems Matt David and I decided to go up to Middle Saint Vrain, and Coney Flats.

MSV/ Coney was nice and wet with some snow on the ground as well as snow falling off and on.

I only took a few pics and videos. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality!

2010-10-09_103754.jpg

2010-10-09_103918.jpg

Their new 35's stuff pretty well!
2010-10-09_104006.jpg

A couple of Videos

On the way down Coney we ran into two guys working on their XJ that had dropped its steering box. We talked to them for a few minutes, and then headed down after they said they almost had it fixed.

After fixing some DW issues on my heep we headed over to Lefthand. The majority the fun stuff at lefthand was closed. Halfway up the trail Matt and Davids front driver u-joint lost two caps. Got their rig jacked up and did some ghetto trail repairs and headed home.

downsized95picture0001.jpg

downsized951009001350.jpg

downsized951009001359b.jpg

downsized951009001359.jpg

I will get our pics and video off of my dad's phone after he gets home. I have the videos of us crossing the stream. It was a fun day and I enjoyed testing the jeep after the new tires. Next time we will do the planned trails. The last time I was on Bill Moore, there was a ton of snow!

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm still up for running the Planned trails before the season is over (which will be fairly soon I presume), just so long as it's a Saturday.

I'm still up for running the Planned trails before the season is over (which will be fairly soon I presume), just so long as it's a Saturday.

Saturdays work best for us too. A little snow doesn’t hurt anything; I’m good to run it once the season has begun!

Yeah, nothing wrong with a little snow wheeling :thumbup: . Just keep in mind, i'm only on 31" tall tires. If all else fails I'll winch myself all the way up, lol.

What trail are you guys thinking? and when? Im always down for some snow runs, Dont have a winch but have chains that I always use and they can pretty much get me threw whatever.

What trail are you guys thinking? and when? Im always down for some snow runs, Dont have a winch but have chains that I always use and they can pretty much get me threw whatever.

Don't really have anything in mind as far as which trail, I really would like to do Red Elephant and Bill Moore, before its not passable, but i'd be up for whatever really. I plan to get some chains ASAP, as I think they would allow me to make it up to our Cabin this winter.

hey a matt/david, bout time to do some more trimming eh? lol, rig looks great tho :thumbup:

It actually does not rub anything besides that corner that sticks out in the innerfender. It is bump stopped almost to perfection!

Last edited:
Back