• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rampart Area 9/12/10

90XJGirl

NAXJA Forum User
Well its was a fun trip nice day to explore the rampart area, no breaks :yelclap:
we sure got to the rock play ground pretty fast. spent a lot of time there.
Here is the Album for Rampart Rd Area
Here are a couple pics:
IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

We then took Rampart rd to the "Fern Creek" and other trails listed trail-head sign. We took what I think was Fern Creek? Maybe further? Rd 358 seems to catch my mind. not sure to be honest on where exactly we were. "Those who are wandering, are not always lost.":cool:

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Cool little rocky road part we got to play on. Looks like an old mine area, there are multiple roads to take to the top. Very cool camp sites back up in there.

IMG_1390.jpg

Again more wandering... down to the little pond

IMG_1401.jpg

Play time in the water for my Dexter!

IMG_1397.jpg

Down the trail we went to find a couple dead ends we figured we see how far we could get.

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Back to Dakan to go back home and grab some grub at Sedalia Bar and Grill
IMG_1418.jpg

Very nice, that looks like the EXACT route I usually take, pond, creek and all. Wish I could have made it, that Shock absorber project took longer than I thought.

Very nice, that looks like the EXACT route I usually take, pond, creek and all. Wish I could have made it, that Shock absorber project took longer than I thought.
do you know what rd that is?? haha i wish i would've paid attention more. too bad you couldn't make it. we still have a bit of the season left (i hope) we can always go back.

Ummmm, can't remember off the top of my head. I have the whole route tracked on my Droid, I'll have to check it out. Long hollow road is coming to mind though.

My Tracks, it's really sweet. Tells you average speed,distance,highest elevation, average elevation, yadi yadi ya. The program just uses your Google earth, so then you can e-mail it to yourself or whoever and access it on your computer.

Lol I've got a list of upgrades and downgrades in my head that I want to do to make it more streetable. Like wheel spacers in the rear and disk brakes... lower suspension and new wheel bearings for sure...

you should see some of my night pictures from there... odd "orbs" or whatever also some siloutes.(sp)
yeah... I'd like to see those... I've seen some wild s@#t in them there hills.. but only in the san juans when I was a kid.I'm wanting to go check out the Rampart/Pikes Peak areas with a camera now that I've got one and do some camping and see what there is! I plan on going to Long Hollow road to check out that sight before the snow flies, I've lived in the Denver area for13yrs and only been to the mountains twice.check out BFRO and see al the sightings, theres alot where we wheel.

Back