• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 Swap

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
Doing the swap and i want to use MORE products (shock mounts and Spring Perches)...what do i need to do for brake lines? anyway does anyone have part # for the more stuff i need. Thanks

If you are building it yourself, then just get the spring perches locally at Tractor Supply, or any trailer supplier; shouldn't be more then $10-$15 bucks for the pair. All that you will need for shock mounts is a 1/2" or 9/16" bolt and some angle iron for high clearance mounts; or you can just cut off your factory mounts off of your existing axle.
For brake lines I just bought a 42" (I believe) stick that was already flared with fittings and bent it to fit over the axle after I welded 10mm bolts on the back side of the axle to secure the factory rubber hoses.
The MORE kit is a little to pricey for what you actually get IMHO.
While you have the 8.8 off and are welding on it, weld the tubes to the diff to prevent any future mishaps.

what gives? i don't get why people spen so much money on a kit that you can make/buy for much less. go to any welding shop and ask for a piece of square stock 14" long if you don't have the tools to cut it ask them to do it for you sould take them all of 10 min to cut a 3" or whatever diameter the tub is in the square stock and send you on you way. then stop by the hardware store and buy a set of bolts that fit in you shock and weld them right to the axle and you done. realy you should be able to have the brackets made and welded for under 50$ but hey M.O.R.E. is a good company and if you feel like you want to donate your hard earned money to them go for it.

Back