• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Los Angeles to JV Caravan Thread - Friday Night

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I'll be leaving Torrance at about 8PM Friday night, anybody is welcome to join me along the way if they want some company out or are unsure about how to get there.

I'll be driving a red XJ with 35s and running CB Channel 4 as my primary channel or 14 as my secondary (if 4 is overrun with traffic). If you get lost you can also call me at 310.621.1634.

Here is my planned routes and rough estimations of when I'll be at these points along the way provided I get out in time.

Torrance - 8:00
110 N, Sepulveda Blvd Onramp - 8:15
91 E Interchange - 8:20
605 N Interchange - 8:40
60 W Interchange - 8:55
15 N Interchange - 9:35
Bear Valley Road Offramp - 10:15 (If the pass is clear)
Fuel up in Victorville
Hook up with 18 - 10:30
Boone Road - 10:45

Stops can be arranged along the road or you can swing by my place in Torrance if you'll be there by 8ish.

If you want to meet me from the West Side I suggest taking 10E to the 60E, 10 between L.A. and Pomona is a waste of time.

Post up here if you plan to join up or just try to find me on the freeway :moon:. My normal cruising speeds are 65 - 70.

is 10E to 60E a good idea at 8pm?

Not any worse than 10E to 10E ;)

From the West side you're fairly screwed whatever way you go. If you want to head South a bit and take 105 to 605 that *might* be better but 105 can get kinda crappy too.

That's why I"m not leaving the house until 8PM ;)

we should meet off the 60 and the 605. im meeting my buddy in whittier no later than 8pm.

My channel 4 sucks so im usually on 8. anything but 4.

call me up

310-561-9980

don't forget to stop in apple valley and pick up my coffee.

I'm heading to compton, from there pick up GF and head to whittier around 7:30. Leave whittier ariund 8 ish. Gsequoia or anyone else feel free to call me to meet up on the road for tagging along.

I'm all packed up and my little fuel leak is fixed (must have knicked a line last time I did the fuel pump). I'm just waiting for the wife to come home so we can eat dinner and then I'll leave at about 8.

I'm all packed up and my little fuel leak is fixed (must have knicked a line last time I did the fuel pump). I'm just waiting for the wife to come home so we can eat dinner and then I'll leave at about 8.

Well I'm not officially late.

Holly had to work a little late so isn't home yet. I'm hoping to leave by 9 so add an hour to all my waypoints :(

muhaha...i'm leaving tonight on a last minute decision...once the little one is in bed, and I ice up my beer, change clothes, pack a couple o things...I'm gone

muhaha...i'm leaving tonight on a last minute decision...once the little one is in bed, and I ice up my beer, change clothes, pack a couple o things...I'm gone

I'll be running channel four if you end up leaving a bit later than you think.

Back