• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Callalantee Roll Call - Saturday/Sunday 2/23 and 2/24

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
Callalantee Feb 23/24th

Who plans to attend since it's around 1 week out? Here's the website: http://www.highcountryatv.com/
A few individuals from NC4x4 have just completed A LOT of trail maintenance and cut new lines/trails... So it should be a great time.. This place is also nice b/c IF you dont want to try the really hard lines... there's always a by-pass off to the left that are easily passable by everyone.

Riding is $11.00/day
Camping is $11.00/night

I'm staying @ Americourt Hotel Mountain City http://www.americourthotels.com/# (approx. 5 miles from the trails) They still have rooms and it's $69.00/night..

450 Dotson Lane
Mountain City, TN 37683
(423) 727 7311

Here's a map:

callalantee.jpg

I will bring some copies of this map to the meet/greet if anyone wants one.. ALSO, if everyone's camping or going to be at the campground let me know and I'll cancel my reservations and just plan to camp...

Last edited:
Still Planning on being there and camping

Sounds good to me... hopefully some others will join in as well.. As of right now they're calling for showers and 60*... but it's still a long ways out... I'll probably cancel my reservations and just camp w/ whoever....

Rugby game VS duke saturday so I think I'm out

ZacSquatch said:
Rugby game VS duke saturday so I think I'm out

Why am I not surprised? I should be there. I will be in Atlanta on Wednesday and Thursday so it will all depend on how much I get done on the final touches of the 3 link we put in on Saturday.

Ghost said:
Why am I not surprised? I should be there. I will be in Atlanta on Wednesday and Thursday so it will all depend on how much I get done on the final touches of the 3 link we put in on Saturday.

Glenn, If you can make it good.. if not, it's completely understandable.. But, if you do come were you planning on camping a night OR would the familiy still be coming OR what?

uncc civilengineer said:
Glenn, If you can make it good.. if not, it's completely understandable.. But, if you do come were you planning on camping a night OR would the family still be coming OR what?

The boys may end up spending the weekend with their aunt. The wife has not been feeling too well lately so I don't know if she is coming or not. I will probably not be camping. I'll either get a room in Boone for the wife, if she comes, or in Mountain City if I'm alone. I'll head up Friday after work if all goes well. I still have a LCA mount to cut off and LA to paint. I was short a JJ so I ordered that from Currie yesterday. Was going to overnight it but the overnight was $70! :wow:

Ghost said:
The boys may end up spending the weekend with their aunt. The wife has not been feeling too well lately so I don't know if she is coming or not. I will probably not be camping. I'll either get a room in Boone for the wife, if she comes, or in Mountain City if I'm alone. I'll head up Friday after work if all goes well. I still have a LCA mount to cut off and LA to paint. I was short a JJ so I ordered that from Currie yesterday. Was going to overnight it but the overnight was $70! :wow:

come on now... you'd only have $100.00 in a JJ at that point... hopefully you can make it though...

uncc civilengineer said:
come on now... you'd only have $100.00 in a JJ at that point... hopefully you can make it though...
That was for 2! :) I ordered a spare. LOL!

We're getting closer so who's coming? I'm leaving out around 7:00 Saturday maybe a little earlier.. should put me at the campground between 8:30 and 9:00

LIST:

1. Myself
2. cousin
3. Heather
4. Glenn (questionable)
5. 87D44XJ (what's your XJ look like so I know who to look for)

Of the 100+ PAYING members (not users) in our area we can only scrounge a possible 3 paying NAXJA members and 1 user... Piss poor if you ask me... (n)

Ghost said:

Never commited in the first place...:laugh3:

Sorry guys I'm out...Unlce died today and I'm prety sure the shit is about to hit the fan...ad the heep is also still on jack stands...

Wish I could I own a little bit of property in mountain city but did not find out about this till today which is a bit late as plans have been made for the weekend. Hopefully in the near future there will be another one that I can attend. And maybe by then I will be able to get the XJ done so I can actually wheel it instead of the chevy.

Brian_NJ said:
Wish I could I own a little bit of property in mountain city but did not find out about this till today which is a bit late as plans have been made for the weekend. Hopefully in the near future there will be another one that I can attend. And maybe by then I will be able to get the XJ done so I can actually wheel it instead of the chevy.
I will be there. Where are you? We have a M & G coming next month in Columbia.

Ghost said:
I will be there. Where are you? We have a M & G coming next month in Columbia.

Glenn,

You are coming? PM me w/ the details.. I believe (unless the weather turns bad saturday) we're going to camp at the campground... we're bringing firewood,etc... If it turns bad we'll go into town.

Chris

Back