• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Test drive done! Doesn’t even need an alignment, I’ve had it further out driving back from the trails.

Bumps don’t hurt anymore. Cornering is way flatter too. Really interested to see how it flexes.

Should have new front shocks in a month.

Need to fix a transfer case leak but it’s too hot today. And at some point do new research shock mounts then measure for a set of 7100’s

Took it wheeling saturday. It did great!

I did notice that my coolant temps are a tad higher than normal. Normally they sit just on the right side of 210. On the way home and while wheeling, it was on the first hash mark to the right of 210, no clue what that temp reading is supposed to be.

I have the stock radiator back in it. Thinking I need to get another 3 core aluminum radiator.

Who's a good radiator to get? I had a CSF in it before but I bought around 2006.

My ZJ isnt much liking this heat either, I'm in the same boat as you. Looking for a nice big radiator and probably going to do some E-fans and it would probably help if I cleaned and straightened the fins on my condenser.

Guess I need to order new rear shocks. One is leaking.

Which ones ya gonna get?

I bought some Zone Offroad nitro shocks a few years ago. So far they've been good. Not the most expensive nor the best ride but they work.

Gonna match the ones I have in order for the front and do 7100s

So I forgot to mention when I went wheeling last weekend; I got up on a rock and got kind of stuck between a rock and a tree(hard place lol).

Well I had some guys push the jeep over so as to miss the tree, but it did slap my outside mirror.

The issue was when I was backing down the hill, I had my feet all the way down on the brake and i was still going backwards. None of the tires were grabbing, like sliding down the hill. This was a very steep hill but it did have an incline.

Any idea on why my brakes aren't braking? Is this just the typical XJ brakes suck kind of an issue?

So I forgot to mention when I went wheeling last weekend; I got up on a rock and got kind of stuck between a rock and a tree(hard place lol).

Well I had some guys push the jeep over so as to miss the tree, but it did slap my outside mirror.

The issue was when I was backing down the hill, I had my feet all the way down on the brake and i was still going backwards. None of the tires were grabbing, like sliding down the hill. This was a very steep hill but it did have an incline.

Any idea on why my brakes aren't braking? Is this just the typical XJ brakes suck kind of an issue?

When was the last time you flushed the fluid? I know I need to do mine, I was boiling them on cliffhanger in Moab. And that’s with a 5 speed so I can get a lot of engine braking in 4lo.

Also if you’re staying on stock brakes I can’t say enough about how good the black magic pads are

those are interesting, I didn't know they existed.

5100's have been great for me for years, figured I'd see if the upgrade was worth the extra cash.

Ended up dialing it back slightly on the rears.

I've got 7100's on order for the front. They are build to order and I'm coming up on 2 months since I ordered them. As the rear needs a shock now, I didn't care to wait.

Bilstein 5160s however were available in 3-5 business days. Should arrive today. Still remote reservoir, same valving, same length, just a different fitting and uses bushings instead of heims- which I didn't really need in the rear anyway.

Gotta weld on new shock tabs on the rear axle since the ones I have are junk and may have contributed to the failure.

Got the rear shocks. Rant incoming.

4WP needs to get their shit together. I'm now 3/3 on Jeep order with next to no communication on whats going on.

The rear shocks have been in at the local store for weeks and I never got a call or email. I called today for a status update because of the potential storm in the Gulf and wanting to get the Jeep back together. I got an oh, they're here.

Told the guy to check on my order of 7100's while I drove over. I get there and they tell me that shock's been discontinued. I ordered those in Mid June. Last time I talked to them they told me they had to be built and it would be late August. They held my money for 2 months and never bothered to tell me that they weren't coming. He said he's getting the refund processed, but come on. How much longer would I have waited had I not ordered a second set.

Now I've gotta figure out what direction to go up front since the valving I wanted is no longer available.

Rear shocks are done. Front shocks better show up tomorrow

Back