• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierrafest 13

rockclimber

Associate
NAXJA Member
have you guys figured out a date for sierrafest?

I'd like to make the run up again and I'm trying to plan a rubicon run for the same time.

:D

Ya id probably be out there too. Is Deer valley open now?

So DV, SR, barney riley, corral hollow?

Any Ideas on adding Boards crossing and Niagara rim trail to the mix. like DV , SR, NR, and Boards?

Boards is really easy but pretty scenic, and really close, and Niagara rim you would probably want to move camp over there for that day.

Ya id probably be out there too. Is Deer valley open now?

So DV, SR, barney riley, corral hollow?

Any Ideas on adding Boards crossing and Niagara rim trail to the mix. like DV , SR, NR, and Boards?

Boards is really easy but pretty scenic, and really close, and Niagara rim you would probably want to move camp over there for that day.

Niagara rim is just to far to make it realistic. To the best of my knowledge the 42 trail closure is still in effect, this includes Deer Valley.

Niagara rim is just to far to make it realistic. To the best of my knowledge the 42 trail closure is still in effect, this includes Deer Valley.

I was under the impression that that was just the section from the first water crossing though the meadows.

that was like that when we went, we just ran the first section of the trail which I was told was more challenging than any parts that were closed.

I thought slickrock was more fun anyway :D

I was under the impression that that was just the section from the first water crossing though the meadows.

that was like that when we went, we just ran the first section of the trail which I was told was more challenging than any parts that were closed.

I thought slickrock was more fun anyway :D

You are right, I should clarify that the southern portion of the trail is still open.

i vote to keep it the same as last year.
camp at deer valley & day trip to slickrock.
that gets us the best camping location for tow rigs, etc.

Re: Re: Sierrafest 13

i vote to keep it the same as last year.
camp at deer valley & day trip to slickrock.
that gets us the best camping location for tow rigs, etc.

I second this. Last year was a blast and I've been looking forward to this year since we left haha

I will be there just cant make 8/18, /18 or 8/24, /25. Just say'n. So lets go for the front of the month.

Dates are official:

Aug 5th through Aug 11th

5th - 7th = Rubicon
8th - 11th = Deer Valley

The Sierra Fest sub forum in the Events section is now open. I haven't started a thread about the Deer Valley Portion of the event yet because there are still things we are working out.

Re: Re: Sierrafest 13

Dates are official:

Aug 5th through Aug 11th

5th - 7th = Rubicon
8th - 11th = Deer Valley

The Sierra Fest sub forum in the Events section is now open. I haven't started a thread about the Deer Valley Portion of the event yet because there are still things we are working out.
Does deer valley include slick rock?

Back