• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest on the Con

Hey Josh do I need 33's or will 31's be ok? I ran it a few years back on 31's in a Sami but I dont know how the XJ will do on 31's.

I cant wait till Sept, 14 days after my bday. Now i just need to finsh my XJ 44
& stuff it under the a** end of my rig.

Hey Josh do I need 33's or will 31's be ok? I ran it a few years back on 31's in a Sami but I dont know how the XJ will do on 31's.

I'm sure that as time gets closer they will announce "suggested requirements" or "minimum requirements".

This is just my opinion but I would think that doing it on 31's is asking for damage. It is definitely possible but 31's will probably have an XJ dragging all over the place. If I was going to do it on 31's then I would make sure that the underside of the XJ was protected with every skid imaginable: diff skids, gas tank skid, sliders, tcase skid, etc. not to mention some really solid recovery points.

I'm sure that as time gets closer they will announce "suggested requirements" or "minimum requirements".

This is just my opinion but I would think that doing it on 31's is asking for damage. It is definitely possible but 31's will probably have an XJ dragging all over the place. If I was going to do it on 31's then I would make sure that the underside of the XJ was protected with every skid imaginable: diff skids, gas tank skid, sliders, tcase skid, etc. not to mention some really solid recovery points.

I agree, at least with armor and tow points you can always get unstuck and keep going. You just have to be patient and take good lines too. I consider my Jeep to be some what small or right about average and it gets around great.

I agree, at least with armor and tow points you can always get unstuck and keep going. You just have to be patient and take good lines too. I consider my Jeep to be some what small or right about average and it gets around great.

What size are you running?

ok thanks Alex. I will see if i can get a locker and some other stuff done by that time and then decide if i can make it.

I ran the 'con on 31's with BFG AT's and open/open without needing any real assistance. That being said, I swore I'd never do it again. (So much damage from dragging ass over every rock on the trail). Much more enjoyable on 33's with a front locker IMO.

I ran it last year with 31's and f/r lockers, 3.5" lift. Destroyed my sliders, and lost my exhaust downpipes back. Other than two tugs It was awesome.
Just pick good lines.

I am looking forward to doing it again with more lift and 33"s now.

Back