• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks thread

Thanks to 91blackbox and his wife for letting me sleep in their rv, thanks to all the organizers and everyone involved with the diner/raffle. All the trail leaders, and to all the vendors, lastly to all the people that did the att run good stuff.

peace
ted

Congrats. Don't forget to PM or email your info for the life-time warranty!

Ah, didn't know that. I'll have to get my friend to do that for the set his nephew won last year (which still sit in their box due to the US Navy.)

A huge thank you to everyone involved, my wife and I had a great time! Thanks to Jeeperjohn for taking the lead on the John Bull Run after some technical difficulties. It was nice to meet all of you in person. We had a good run, food was great, raffle was fun... Our only regret is that we didn't camp and were only there for Saturday.

Thank you Naxja leadership, this event was a blast this year. Special thanks to Parker for stepping up to help everyone get through John Bull safely. Also thanks everyone for showing up, it was good to see some friends from last year that i dont get to see very often.

Thanks to the organizers: Your leadership made the event a great success!
Thanks Carol, Karen, Jeremy (and gf) for being good sports while we cruised trails Thursday afternoon and got lost :D

Thanks Geoff for programming my HAM radio so I could ask for directions miles ahead of the Jeep caravan to keep the motos moving fast with Todd.

Thanks Karen for the lunch on Friday's scenic run!

Thanks Geoff for leading the AAT run and letting Todd and I run ahead on the bikes.

And thanks, Master Pull, for having Sam win a synthetic winch line promptly given to my twin brother Tyler for the winch he bought specifically for SoCal Fest!

**Thanks to whomever donated the Shake Weight...much fun was had Saturday night at our campfire! hahaha

And it was awesome to meet lots of new people and their screennames.

Shake Weight donator shall remain anonymous unless he/she decides to admit their guilty pleasure :D

Shake Weight donator shall remain anonymous unless he/she decides to admit their guilty pleasure :D

Do you really think I'm afraid to admit that I donated something so, well, jerky?

Also thank you to Quentin's (CherokeeNewbie) lady for taking some awesome shots of my Jeep at the waterfall section of Deep Creek.

I wanna' say thanx again to Mike (Grimm) for coming over and helping me bleed my brakes just days before the run, ended up not being an easy task. Thanx to the cooks for some excellent food, the trail leaders and back ups that stepped up. The leaders (yes you Josh) and organizers that put together great prizes and put such a great effort into the preservation of our trails. I wish I coulda' made the adopt a trail run but got up a little too late to pack everything and be ready, my fault due to certain beverages the night before :cheers:. And I agree with Mike about the language. Had my little ones been there I woulda' been concerned and even said something about it, but they weren't. And as a result and me being an official hypocrite in my liquored state, I had the mouth of a tow truck driver all weekend and wish to apologize for it. I need to remember these are family events and even if my lil midgets aren't there I have to be cool. But all in all it was an awesome weekend, my GF and i really needed a break from the weekly bump & grind of the city. thanx again to all.

Thanks ALL for another wicked fun event. Thanks Paul for the German Brandy – that went really well. :D No really though, that was some good stuff. I was already on day number two of party fever, I should have known better.

Thanks to Grimmy for cleaning up the site in the morning – that was representing, man. Very, very much appreciated.

Thanks to Ted for finally getting his rig on something – well, something. :D

Really, there are a billion thanks owed, but thanks to NAXJA for making it possible.

I also agree about the language around the raffle, but what are ya gonna do? It was more than a few folks, and like Mike said, I’m sure I said my share of oopsies. I had never heard it as bad as this year, I’m sure it was a one-off deal.

I didn’t catch up with JohnX this year, but not for lack of trying. I asked everyone and their dogs where he was, lol. Next time, buddy! :cheers:

I didn’t catch up with JohnX this year, but not for lack of trying. I asked everyone and their dogs where he was, lol. Next time, buddy! :cheers:
We were having smores with robertk most of the night :)

So my thanks goes to robert and his wife laurali for hosting a nice evening around the fire, and to her especially for stuffed peppers and doing almost all the cooking for me :)

We were having smores with robertk most of the night :)

So my thanks goes to robert and his wife laurali for hosting a nice evening around the fire, and to her especially for stuffed peppers and doing almost all the cooking for me :)

Those were Smores? I think the mellos were for throwing and sitting on, as in the morning there were all over camp and in the seat of ever chair lol....

She is a take over type cook. How else would I have gained 40 lbs after marrying her haha..

We offered the trailer bunks to a few that never showed up. But maybe it was for the good. As the propane ran out about 3am and it got down to 48-50deg by morning. Not horrible but also not the 66-68deg I like. mixed with 3 and 6yo boys waking up at 7am, might have not been such a great deal to most.

We offered the trailer bunks to a few that never showed up. But maybe it was for the good. As the propane ran out about 3am and it got down to 48-50deg by morning. Not horrible but also not the 66-68deg I like. mixed with 3 and 6yo boys waking up at 7am, might have not been such a great deal to most.

Thanks for offering up a bunk Robert. I never made it around since I stayed up so late helping John :) Then I just got too tired to even walk over to your camper. The sleeping bag kept me warm though

Thanks for offering up a bunk Robert. I never made it around since I stayed up so late helping John :) Then I just got too tired to even walk over to your camper. The sleeping bag kept me warm though
Good thing for you I lost 60 lbs :D Thanks.

Good thing for you I lost 60 lbs :D Thanks.

I thought you were looking especially svelte. :)

The screaming, cursing, and one-ups-manship at the raffle was a bit much. But I stuck around to see if I would win something. I didn't. :) Took off as soon as it was over to do a night GM run, and get back to the peace and quiet that us old farts prefer.

My thanks to all that did the behind the scenes work, those who came out to play and/or participate, and/or those who were there to provide in-flight entertainment =).

My special thanks to Karen for volunteering to wash the excrement off my dog (he found a lovely fragrant pile to roll in on Friday's run) so that I could sort & give out Event Schwag on Friday eve to those that were there. Oh, and for Karen allowing herself to be volunteered to be the Dinner Line lady.

Oh, and to the other folks that came up to offer to help during the Saturday Feeding Frenzy, whether I allowed you to help or not!!

I had a blast all weekend, even while doing my "Gimme your money!" stuff. I just wish SoCalFest 2012 wasn't so far away!!

Back