• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's running a stand alone trans cooler on the aw4?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have a big b&m hitek with a fan that it's squeezed inbeytwen drill and radiator. I had an o ring fall apart on my trans line while taking out my trans to swap flex plates and am thinking of replacing the big fitting with an fittings and new lines but skipping the stock heat exchanger up front and just running the cooler close to the trans this will clean up the front a bit getting rid of that mess in the grill ... The question is will this be enough without the stock cooler ? ... I would think yes but I've been wrong before.

I run this one in all of my 3 XJ's with no issues. I just put it up front and bypassed the radiator and ditched the stock trans cooler.

My 95 has a trans gauge on it and my temps usually hover around 150. On hot days wheeling in the desert on some uphills, it can get up to 180, but goes right back down. I don't have trans gauges on the other 2 XJ's, but it's the exact same setup, so I'm assuming they run comparable.

https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/product/LNG-49201.html

I run this one in all of my 3 XJ's with no issues. I just put it up front and bypassed the radiator and ditched the stock trans cooler.

My 95 has a trans gauge on it and my temps usually hover around 150. On hot days wheeling in the desert on some uphills, it can get up to 180, but goes right back down. I don't have trans gauges on the other 2 XJ's, but it's the exact same setup, so I'm assuming they run comparable.

I'm going to pit it in the back then mounted to the cage since it has a 700 cfm fan . It will really ckean up the front getting this moved ...lol... it's show horned In .

https://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/product/LNG-49201.html

I used to run one on my XJ and bypassed to a standalone on my WJ. The WJ has a temp gauge and it went from 200+ down to 150-160. Plus I don't have to deal with the stupid connectors and all the leaks. I kept it in front of the rad/ac condenser to still get airflow, but if you are moving it fully remote to the underside or rear may need a aux fan.

Back