• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's everyone running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue- black for us too. Waiting on new front tires they are way bald ..we'll see what pops up in the next couple days..

I won't be running. This is a Jeep event, so I am hoping I'll be driving or riding shotty while Leah drives. Probably blues/blacks so, we can hang with the cool kids too. I am sure there will be a peppering of reds in there for good measure too.

Last edited:
Should be interesting. It appears there isn't a single 33/12.50-15 wrangler mt/r left in the continental u.s., so we'll see how some front baldies n truetracs handle things. :)

Ben is mellow now don't pick on him.
BTW, what's the head count? Since nobody seems to care Carol and I might try to salvage the Saturday dinner by cooking up something around the fire for those that make the trip. Maybe we could Forrest Gump our way thru a potluck dinner to build back some lost camaraderie? Thoughts?

Let's face it the chapter as a whole is losing its fire. Maybe a nice sitdown meal around the campfire can spark some constructive talk.

Let's face it the chapter as a whole is losing its fire. Maybe a nice sitdown meal around the campfire can spark some constructive talk.
This might be the case for the southern part but is surely the opposite for the northern area. We had about 70-80 people at RocktoberFest last year.

Head count is for registrations is looking like 14 vehicles and once you added in the now-not-extra-meal-tickets it was 26 people total pre-reg'd.

This might be the case for the southern part but is surely the opposite for the northern area. We had about 70-80 people at RocktoberFest last year.

Head count is for registrations is looking like 14 vehicles and once you added in the now-not-extra-meal-tickets it was 26 people total pre-reg'd.

70-80 people. People is not the count, vehicles registered is.
Yes I'll agree the southern end is the victim of neglect, which I personally brought up last year to no avail. That I was laid off for the 6 months prior to my own wedding had a bit to do with why I held back, but we made the effort to make it to nacfest to see our friends.
Facts for you. Twin grove as of this morning still has a pavilion open for Friday use, any renter is free to bring in their own food. Buddy's log cabin restaurant also of this morning could easily cater a meal for a smaller crowd within the price range of the offered meal tickets.
Neglecting this sanctioned and time-honored event is a mistake, period. Personal reasons for not being able make it down are part and parcel of life, which touches us all. It is disappointing to read an online admonishment of low turnout when so many in the north are so much more active than the lazybones down here, except many of you guys aren't coming either.
Enough already.

How many of those people are members?

STROKER

Easily 2/3 or more of the rigs were member status. Not only that but we also gained at least half a dozen members fromRocktoberFest the last two year from guys that are there first time out to an event.

Rich, not sure what angle you are trying to go after here. ;) Call me dude.
It is what it is, there is no neglect. If people don't want to show not much anyone is going to do. If the locations are off the table wouldn't it make sense to put time and effort into the event that people are going to?
We have tried for months to get ahold of Debbie at Twin Grove to get the scoop on what is going on only for us to find out last week that they aren't doing anything for catering anymore. If you could read the BOD forum you would see how much Colin, Rob and myself have tried to get information from Twin Grove. I actually had someone answer the phone in the morning and tell me they would not answer any questions unless I called back between 1-5pm. I am not trying to overly bash Twin Grove but it is what it is.
Again if you could read the BOD forum you would also see how vocal I was about trying to get something together but with less than a week to go we had not choice but to refund dinner so folks could make other options.

Anyway I am not continuing this anymore as k don't want a repeat or the N vs S thing from a few years back. If anyone wants more info please call me. :wave1:

.if you don't desire a repeat of the North vs south debate, avoid comments like this ^.
Carol was able to secure a pavilion rental for Friday night on her first call there just yesterday. Twin grove has changed and that is why workarounds like reaching out to Buddys are sometimes necessary.
(Re) moving the raffle to an unsanctioned event shouldn't be possible unless plans are afoot to move the sanctioned event without paying member input. I'm not playing any angle whatsoever but exercising my right as a dues paying member since 2007 why the nationally sanctioned event is being allowed to lay fallow.

We were ready to pull the pin on a Friday catered dinner but I'm not getting in the way of what should have happened. This is far from my first involvement with jeep events at Rausch, I've been a trail guide god knows how many times for benefit events and smaller club visits.

What happened here.

From speaking with the guys up here, the impression I get is that they've been trying for literally months to get any sort of plan or agreement or reply or ANYTHING out of Pine Grove, unsuccessfully. At some point they had to make a judgement call that there probably was no way to save that and break the bad news. The worse part is that (at least as far as I know) no other suitable campgrounds in the area, they are all either booked or really skeevy. I'm not saying more as I don't want to muddy the waters by saying something incorrect.

As for myself, last time I was down was 2012. After that event I seriously debated never coming back, for many reasons. I was unemployed and unable to attend even if I wanted to in 2013; registered but did not attend 2014 due to the condition of my vehicles and finances. I'm still recovering from that whole mess but I'm debating a drive down just for old times sake for this one, all my jeeps are dead right now but I could probably make the trip for about 100 bucks all in with one of the subarus which has me thinking.

If I do come down, see you guys there and the beer's on me. Been too long. Depending on which Subaru I bring, I might be down for green trails :spin1:

From speaking with the guys up here, the impression I get is that they've been trying for literally months to get any sort of plan or agreement or reply or ANYTHING out of Pine Grove, unsuccessfully. At some point they had to make a judgement call that there probably was no way to save that and break the bad news. The worse part is that (at least as far as I know) no other suitable campgrounds in the area, they are all either booked or really skeevy. I'm not saying more as I don't want to muddy the waters by saying something incorrect.

As for myself, last time I was down was 2012. After that event I seriously debated never coming back, for many reasons. I was unemployed and unable to attend even if I wanted to in 2013; registered but did not attend 2014 due to the condition of my vehicles and finances. I'm still recovering from that whole mess but I'm debating a drive down just for old times sake for this one, all my jeeps are dead right now but I could probably make the trip for about 100 bucks all in with one of the subarus which has me thinking.

If I do come down, see you guys there and the beer's on me. Been too long. Depending on which Subaru I bring, I might be down for green trails :spin1:

Ken, since my brother-in-law happens to be the head of the marketing department at Subaru US Headquarters, I'll be sure to pass along that there is still at least one Justy still running in America, he will love that and want pictures for sure. They actually have a fully restored (really) BRAT in the HQ building. No, you cant have it.
Sorry but I cant accept that at the very least the dinner was even pursued with any seriousness. Not when my wife was able to secure a pavilion for friday night just this past saturday. I know that TwinGrove, between the new ownership (which I warned about last year, and what was to come, no one listens) can be more difficult to nail down than in years past. Maybe reaching out to someone who knows the whole town like its their own could have helped, but that horse has left the barn. Catering was not an issue either, just one return call from Buddy's and we could have easily made it happen within budget. Again, water under the bridge alternate plans have been made.
I dont even care about the tshirt. I dont care (much) about the raffle. What I do care about is that this region, this event, has always in the end been about the people who participate.
Carol and I count every single person within the NAC umbrella to be personal friends. I can honestly say I have never, ever, known anyone I've met thru the Naxja events that I did not honestly and truly like. EVER.
BUT....

.since the balance of power has shifted northward Nacfest has been slowly backsliding. There are many reasons and enough blame to go around. I hope that anyone reading this and calling me a d**k might also remember that we did drive all night and were the first to arrive at the new, relocated Rocktoberfest. I'm always looking for a new place to go and did make the honest effort to show face. I was very vocal in support of the entire thing, and look forward to sharing a trail anywhere with my northern friends, any time.
My main concern is and always will be the best interest of the region as a whole. It has meant a lot for me personally, it was NAC'sters that Carol met the first time I took her out wheeling with me, and now we are wed. We have met so many people we count as good friends throughout this, that believe me, she is more defensive of the Nac than I am!
ok, ok, my point already. A certain amount of shift northward was to be expected, human nature. But stripping Nacfest of its most important components guarantees a fail. I continue to believe that was not by design, that no one could knowingly break down a great event like this, and I sincerely hope that I'm right this time.

If you honestly think that we didn't do everything we could to get camping spots and catering then you're mistaken. I PERSONALLY spent countless days trying to get in touch with ANYONE at twin grove who could give me answer on tent pricing and available spots. If you want to know all the details feel free to get in touch with me Rich.

All of us up here LOVE Nacfest and I don't want to see this happen, but attendance has been down. Of course we're going to consider moving the raffle and tshirts to an event that's grown to be huge and actually brought in new members. And no matter where you have this event, you're having it in one region or the other.

I honestly didn't even want to be on the BOD after all the shit we took about moving rocktoberfest up here to begin with. But I did because NO ONE wanted to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back