• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Nice!

FYI it’s gonna be parting it out and scraping the body. If there is anything you need let me know, I will put pictures the for sale thread. Drive line is mine, everything else is available. Power windows/locks work. Let me know. Make offers on anything you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent blenny!

I cleaned up the interior of my XJ a little and reinstalled some interior pieces. Checked fluids, greased some stuff, and gave it a good look over. Going to Bridgeport on Saturday to find out if I rebuilt the transfercase okay.

I started installing a control arm drop kit. Is it okay to hold the entire front of the Jeep up by the bumper? Its a custom 4x4 that ties into the frame. I would think its fine but when I let the jack down the frame moved quite a bit.

IMG_3077.jpg

I would think holding it up by the bumper would be okay? Guess it depends on how it's tied into the frame.

I started installing a control arm drop kit. Is it okay to hold the entire front of the Jeep up by the bumper? Its a custom 4x4 that ties into the frame. I would think its fine but when I let the jack down the frame moved quite a bit.

I have the same bumper, you're good. That bumper is made well and the tie-ins go back a ways.

This assumes your frame doesn't have preexisting cracks.

Replaced intake/exhaust manifold gasket, replaced bolts with studs and replaced nuts with ARP 3/8-24 nuts. Didn’t use enough copper RTC or the gasket was crap OR the exhaust is warped because the leak is no better than before. The leak STARTED because I tightened everything I could track down after still reading HIGO CO at high idle during a smog. It was probably the oxygen sensor (replaced) but this air leak is in need of repair. Not sure if I should try another Victor Renz gasket or the cheaper Fel-Pro.

I ended up putting the jack stands on the frame right behind the bumper so it would be the least distance from the springs as possible and it worked fine. Got the drop arm brackets in and everything working good so far. I have some adjusting to do on my steering after installing the adjustable track bar.

IMG_3221.jpg

thanks for the invite :(

even though I can't make it. Jeep isn't shifting right...bought a TCM and will see if that fixes it...

LOL we didnt end up going since BP was closed for an event.

Im thinking of getting another TCM for my jeep as well. New solenoids and it still acts funky.

Getting new tires slapped on the Jeep here in a bit and ordered some fender flares!

LOL we didnt end up going since BP was closed for an event.

Im thinking of getting another TCM for my jeep as well. New solenoids and it still acts funky.

Are you able to manually shift and the gears work when putting the shifter in the individual slots, 1-2, 3, D?

Getting new tires slapped on the Jeep here in a bit and ordered some fender flares!

oh nice! Which tires and fender flares?

Are you able to manually shift and the gears work when putting the shifter in the individual slots, 1-2, 3, D?

Yes, but when in 1-2, it downshifts into 1st when I dont think its supposed it. Haven't properly diagnosed anything tho lol

oh nice! Which tires and fender flares?

Cooper Discoverer STT Pro and DirtBound Inc's fender armor and flares.

MEAT

120550550_10223666286115688_997214498916432451_o.jpg 120722803_10223666286435696_8960648616931696468_o.jpg

Plugged the vacuum line from the throttle body to the MAP sensor in. Fixed the inconsistant rough idle condition I was having after replacing the exhaust gasket. Maybe now with the new O2 sensor and exhaust gasket it will run better.

Drove mine around for a bit. Got a nice vibration/howling come from the rear diff now, so gonna have the shop that did the gear install take a look. These new tires are so quiet; I'm discovering new noises! Also have a groaning noise coming from the engine once its warmed up, so need to diagnose that too.

It never ends lol One thing fixed, 5 others pop up. Or just turn the music up higher haha

I need to get an SYE and still waiting for my TCM to actually ship...

Really would like to go 3 link in the front...

Back