• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HobbyKeep Custom 3D Printing

Boot13

NAXJA Forum User
HobbyKeep is now offering 3D design and print services. There is a lot currently being developed so check back often.
If you are in need of a 3D printed part, be it one already designed, or if you need help turning your idea into a tangible object, let me help you!

hkbanner.png

http://hobbykeep.com/

If it is not on this site it does not mean it cannot be made!
Contact Me to discuss your 3D design and print needs!

HobbyKeep's first XJ specific design:

This panel is meant to replace the factory 12VDC lighter panel in the dash of a 1984-1996 XJ. It will mount in the OEM location.

plateinstalled.jpg

The panel can be printed in almost any color you want. I will customize it to accommodate any configuration you may want. ie multiple 12vdc sockets, panel mounted USB sockets, switches, lights, and or a gauge. Anything!

platewmolding.jpg

More information here

Additional custom XJ designs in development!

Last edited:
:cool:

I am working on being one of Boot13's first customers. It has been awesome to see how readily he has taken my description and dimensions and turned them into the product I want. I have seen pictures and will probably have the finished product in my hands next week. This 3D printing is a fascinating process and opens up a new world of options.

I am happy to welcome our newest vendor.

Posted in your other thread...but...

Center Console latches...

I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of XJ owners don't have a functioning one (early model ones at least).

Yep mine are broken. I have already begun designing a replacement solution. I hope to have something functional soon. But I wasn't aware that it was as common of an issue, I will make it a higher priority Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that even the late model latches would be a good investment in design.

Yep mine are broken. I have already begun designing a replacement solution. I hope to have something functional soon. But I wasn't aware that it was as common of an issue, I will make it a higher priority Thanks for the recommendation.

I'd buy one that doesn't break the first time I shut the lid!

A 2DIN bezel would be super neat, if you could get one of the nicer ones to use as a template. Martinbuilt did a really good job on his.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd buy one that doesn't break the first time I shut the lid!

I'm out of town this week but, I am hoping to get a prototype developed this weekend and do some testing.

A 2DIN bezel would be super neat, if you could get one of the nicer ones to use as a template. Martinbuilt did a really good job on his.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My xj is a single din but I would be willing to work with someone to get that figured out!

Check out this writeup Anak did on the installation of one of our replacement panels.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1143807

Anak efficiently used up all space on that panel.
This is just an example of the added usefulness that can be added to your XJ.

Yours doesn't need to have all 4 outlets or any outlets for that matter. It can be switches, a gauge, lights, custom mount.... Anything you want.

More designs are coming soon, the panel above the outlet panel is just about through R/D. If you have something else in mind let me know and I will work with you.

PM or contact me through http://hobbykeep.com/

What is your maximum part scope?

Thanks!

My build volume at the time of this post for a single print is approximately:
10″ wide x 6″ deep and 9.5″ tall.

It may change in the future as I upgrade. :)

I do have access to some slightly larger printers but I would need to know more about the parts before I can guarantee anything. PM me if you need.

Last edited:
I just thought of something that may be a great seller for the MJ crowd. Since the MJ uses a foot parking break, their center console (if they have one) has a huge dead storage space. You could make a cup holder that dropped into that hole.

I just thought of something that may be a great seller for the MJ crowd. Since the MJ uses a foot parking break, their center console (if they have one) has a huge dead storage space. You could make a cup holder that dropped into that hole.

An insert in that area is totally possible. Would not even have to be cups, could add any configuration that someone may want there.

Back